2008 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Not what I thought a Mazda would be
By christy22 on 05/24/13 11:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my 2008 Mazda 6 with 36,000 miles on it. Right away, I had A/C issues. With 90,000 miles on it, I had to have the transmission rebuilt and change out the valve body. As I now understand it (reading consumer reviews on the issues of this car), the valve bodies are made overseas and built with a poor grade metal so these cars have transmission issues. I finally sold the car 1 month ago having rebuilt the transmission and fixed the A/C 3 times. I had only heard good things about Mazda's, but I won't buy another one.

Wonderful car for long commute.
By joemerchant1 on 12/18/12 13:07 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I have now owned this car for a year now and added over 25K miles to the odometer. I bought this car for commuting and second car as I also own a 2012 Ford F-150 and my wife has 2010 Camary. The only bad thing I can say about this car is the leather is not very good and cracked under the front corner which does not get any wear from sitting. Other than that, it gets 29 MPG hand calculated at every fillup no matter what gas or the season. The little 4 banger is peppy and gets to speed well. The gearing of this car is terrific as I find many cars are not geared well with mismatched engines. Mazda did a wonderful job matching the transmission to the engine.

2007 mazda 6 saved our lives
By flatsider on 04/16/11 16:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

March 26, I385 north taveling at 65-68 mph,we were hit with basically a high speed pit manuver which put us in a spin off the interstate,down and up an imbankment through a chainlink fence across a frontage road and back into the fence and a pine tree.It completly totalled the car and we walked away with just minor brusies and a little whiplash,not a scratch.The suprising thing was no air bags deployed as we didn't strike anything with the front of the car.I'm convinced the car saved our lives.We have since purchased another 6 and waiting on delievery.Great car!

Impressed
By Matt on 07/26/10 19:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

OK, first I need to provide a little background on my previous vehicles; my last 6 vehicles have all been V8s, they have also all been GMs. That being said, a 4 cyl. motor is going to feel down on TQ and HP, no matter who builds it. And, I was fully prepared for that before I bought the 6. I love this car, period. I am a sales rep and I drive a lot for work. I wanted a taut, well mannered car that had a sporty feel and was good on gas. The 6 fits the bill. I bought my '08 used with only 8300 miles. For the price this car can't be beat. Long road trips are a breeze. I can drive 250+ miles nonstop, and get out feeling very little signs of discomfort or fatigue. I am 6'3".

Sporty Middy
By N23 on 07/02/10 23:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Wanted to buy a 4 door after owning 2 sports cars, (Integra & Prelude). Looks fantastic in dark cherry mica. Performance is ok as automatic hunts or lingers when driving with a lead foot. Gotta agree about the gas mileage. 4 cyl is mid to low 20s so far in the city. Love the stock wheels and stock body kit the 6 comes with. Glad Mazda has the monochrome look in style.

My new baby
By amy on 05/12/10 16:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I always wanted my Mazda 6 and I just bought one. I can't sleep just knowing it's in my driveway. It took me 2 years to get it but I did thanks Mazda I love your Mazda 6. It's my new baby

I'm in love with this vehicle!
By Anthony on 03/26/10 02:29 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased the vehicle used first week of March. 46,800 miles at purchase. So far I have put about 750 miles on the vehicle and I have to say - I love this car after only owning it for 3 weeks. One word of warning - if you're single and have a computer building background, this car may make you want to customize or "tune" it to at least an extent.

So Good
By Alex from WV on 03/20/10 17:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I love my mazda6. It is so fun to drive but yet it is comfortable. They had the grey which turned to have a periwinkle hint in it. That's my only complaint. Besides that it is the best car I have ever had.

Saved our lives
By Seal on 02/11/10 08:32 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

The only thing I want to say in this review is that I was traveling 75mph Eastbound on I-10 out of Texas and had an incident in which I sideswiped a guard rail and it sent me into a skid into the guardrail on the opposite side of the road on an overpass. The car was totaled and the car was demolished. The engine and transmission was ripped from the car as we rolled onto the roof. My wife and I walked away with bumps and scratches, and dirty drawers, but the vehicle saved our lives. The cabin remained intact, and we walked away. Kudos on crash impact for this vehicle. We just purchased the exact same car ;)

So Thankful it WAS a Mazda!
By Robin on 11/19/09 14:15 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

WAS a beautiful car. Until.... the accident which I believe saved my daughters life! Rolled a couple of times and did not crush the roof to the seats!!! Was totally amazed! THANK YOU! I will buy another one!!

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.