Used 2008 Mazda Mazda6 Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

2008 Mazda Mazda6 Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:

Best Car EVER! BMW is only other car I can compare to!
By npalafax

2008 Mazda Mazda6 Hatchback i Sport Value Edition 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Bought used at 70k Base i hatchback with sport package same car as the photo above. I really loved the hatch vs one with a trunk. It came in handy more than I ever thought. And still wish I had it. The only other car that I can say drove anything like this was a BMW which I now own. Ironically, the previous owner I bought it from sold it because she bought a new BMW. The only issues I ever had were: 1.Thermostat at 83k common problem threw a engine light so never over heated. 2.All the motor mounts failed at the same time. This car was defiantly well loved and cared for. Sadly was totaled at 98K in a garage fire in my building otherwise I would still have it. BUY A 4cyl v6 has a lot of probs

Favorite Features

Looks, Design, Comfort, Fuel Econ, Reliability, cheap cheap maintenance. Very safe car with side airbags and Traction Control. With Good Crash test ratings.

Suggested Improvements

Replacing a headlight bulb requires the front bumper to be pulled off...

Durability
By kjmilow

2008 Mazda Mazda6 Hatchback s Sport Value Edition 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Durability & Fun to drive. I have driven Mazda for over 20 years, GLC's, ( go like crazy ), 626's and now a Mazda 6 my last new car. They have all gone over 200,000 with minimum care & maintenance. I'm taking better care of this one since it is supposed to last until I die and I am only 62. A healthy 62 I might add.

Sports car handling with a pratical side
By KF

2008 Mazda Mazda6 Hatchback i Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

If you're looking for something with great visual appeal and that's more fun-to-drive than any other mid-sized sedan in this segment, this is your car. Best of all, the hatchback design looks great while offering more cargo space than any other vehicle in this class. I've driven this vehicle over 10,000 miles since new and have had no mechanical problems (though the roof liner sagged slightly on driver's side, but was replaced at no charge). Really a driver's car; some might find the seating a bit tight, esp. in the back (compared to other sedans), but not a problem for me. I still look for any excuse to drive this car!

Favorite Features

Exterior and interior design. Hatchback design has amazing cargo capacity (and looks better than the sedan). Best handling in this price range. Bose stereo. Electroluminescent gauges.

Suggested Improvements

An iPod/MP3 input should be standard (optional iPod adapter doesn't allow full functionality). One-touch power roof mechanism needed. Black interior looks great but shows scuffs, etc. Otherwise, no complaints!!

WOW!!!
By Jim

2008 Mazda Mazda6 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

....and I thought you had to buy a GM car to get such a soft ride. Superb handling. Smooth acceleration with the V6. Now I get the Zoom Zoom thing. Great driving experience. Not one rattle so far. What a car!!

Favorite Features

Bose, leather, moonroof, V6 power, steering wheel controls, multiple disc CD player, roominess & storage in the hatchback, and a great sounding horn.

Suggested Improvements

It needs Bluetooth & better gas mileage.

Fun little car to drive
By Padre52

2008 Mazda Mazda6 Hatchback i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Love the mileage & performance of my new mazda 6 with the 2.3 4cyl. Very comfortable to drive, I drive nearly 200 miles per day. My one complaint is the red lighting and location of clock, radio station info, if the sun is shining through the windshield you can't see any of the information. Miss the automatic door-locks and headlights from my previous vehicle.

Favorite Features

Bose stero system.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the red instrument lighting. Reposition the angle or add visor at top of clock, radio information center to be able to see it better in daytime driving.