Used 2008 Mazda 6 i Grand Touring Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mazda 6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Second new Mazda, love them.
By Alan McGuiness

2008 Mazda 6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Traded in my 2004 with 111K on it for a new 2008 Mazda 6I, all the bells and whistles, leather heated seats and interior, CD player with awesome Bose speakers, sunroof, heated mirrors, compass in autodimming mirror, etc. Owned this one for 7 years, just spent my first out-of-pocket on a replacement headlight bulb. Absolutely no other issues or complaints, and I push my vehicles hard. This one did 135 MPH in Death Valley a couple of years back, and the radio plays louder the faster you go!! Armorall the entire leather interior annually, holding up perfectly.

The sport shift, the heated seats on a cold morning, the ability to lower the headlight aim, when the trunk is full, and the ability to fold down rear seats. I was able to fit a full sized house door in the back of the car, tie the trunk down, and drive home 163 miles, with no issues. I will buy another one.

I use a scan-gauge to monitor engine conditions, manifold temps, MPG etc., would be nice to have a second computer port for this. Better car antenna, as reception in a rural area can be spotty.

SUPER RELIABLE & FUN TO DRIVE!!!
By jmart805

2008 Mazda 6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my 2008 Mazda 6 from a tow yard - kinda sketchy I know. But I test drove it, had it inspected by a Mazda dealership (highly recommended) and I fell in love with it! It had ~104k miles and was being sold for $7,500. 1.5 years and 24k miles later and I've had absolutely no issues with it! I've driven it for ride share companies, through the crazy hills of Berkeley & San Francisco, taken my girlfriend to the Grand Canyon, driven in snow - it's always been there for me! Sadly, my car was taken from me when a 65-year old lady ran off the road and totaled my parked Mazda 6 with her Mercedes-Benz :( Now I'm back on the market for another used car that will satisfy me the way my car did

Cool, red interior lights on the dash that protected your vision for night-time driving. Quick acceleration, great brakes and nimble handling. Trunk big enough to hold at least 4 large suitcases and groceries at the same time!

Auxiliary input for the MP3z! Bluetooth or something. More technologeez!

2007 mazda 6 saved our lives
By flatsider

2008 Mazda 6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

March 26, I385 north taveling at 65-68 mph,we were hit with basically a high speed pit manuver which put us in a spin off the interstate,down and up an imbankment through a chainlink fence across a frontage road and back into the fence and a pine tree.It completly totalled the car and we walked away with just minor brusies and a little whiplash,not a scratch.The suprising thing was no air bags deployed as we didn't strike anything with the front of the car.I'm convinced the car saved our lives.We have since purchased another 6 and waiting on delievery.Great car!

leather,heated seats ,moonroof,styling,handling

lose the bubble fenders on the new models It's not a rx8

Impressed
By Matt

2008 Mazda 6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

OK, first I need to provide a little background on my previous vehicles; my last 6 vehicles have all been V8s, they have also all been GMs. That being said, a 4 cyl. motor is going to feel down on TQ and HP, no matter who builds it. And, I was fully prepared for that before I bought the 6. I love this car, period. I am a sales rep and I drive a lot for work. I wanted a taut, well mannered car that had a sporty feel and was good on gas. The 6 fits the bill. I bought my '08 used with only 8300 miles. For the price this car can't be beat. Long road trips are a breeze. I can drive 250+ miles nonstop, and get out feeling very little signs of discomfort or fatigue. I am 6'3".

Gauges, seats, dual-layer center armrest compartments, adjustable xenon headlamps, gas mileage, auto-up windows, BOSE audio, handling, highway road manners.

Option for auto-on/off head lights, fold-in outside rear view mirrors, ability to turn on fog lights WITHOUT headlights.

Saved our lives
By Seal

2008 Mazda 6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

The only thing I want to say in this review is that I was traveling 75mph Eastbound on I-10 out of Texas and had an incident in which I sideswiped a guard rail and it sent me into a skid into the guardrail on the opposite side of the road on an overpass. The car was totaled and the car was demolished. The engine and transmission was ripped from the car as we rolled onto the roof. My wife and I walked away with bumps and scratches, and dirty drawers, but the vehicle saved our lives. The cabin remained intact, and we walked away. Kudos on crash impact for this vehicle. We just purchased the exact same car ;)

Sporty looks, great handling, wonderful structure for flipping on to it's top.

Antigravity stabilizers.