2008 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Not what I thought a Mazda would be
By christy22 on 05/24/13 11:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my 2008 Mazda 6 with 36,000 miles on it. Right away, I had A/C issues. With 90,000 miles on it, I had to have the transmission rebuilt and change out the valve body. As I now understand it (reading consumer reviews on the issues of this car), the valve bodies are made overseas and built with a poor grade metal so these cars have transmission issues. I finally sold the car 1 month ago having rebuilt the transmission and fixed the A/C 3 times. I had only heard good things about Mazda's, but I won't buy another one.

Wonderful car for long commute.
By joemerchant1 on 12/18/12 13:07 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I have now owned this car for a year now and added over 25K miles to the odometer. I bought this car for commuting and second car as I also own a 2012 Ford F-150 and my wife has 2010 Camary. The only bad thing I can say about this car is the leather is not very good and cracked under the front corner which does not get any wear from sitting. Other than that, it gets 29 MPG hand calculated at every fillup no matter what gas or the season. The little 4 banger is peppy and gets to speed well. The gearing of this car is terrific as I find many cars are not geared well with mismatched engines. Mazda did a wonderful job matching the transmission to the engine.

WOW!
By jlynreid on 05/26/09 11:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

While it may be a bit premature having just bought the car a week ago... but WOW is all I can think to say. Beautiful on the inside & out. Comfortable, roomy, classy, smooth ride... everything within reach. I researched cars for 2 months prior before finally 'settling' on the Mazda 6 & fell in love as soon as I got in. Drives as beautifully as the Volvo S40. 24.5 miles per gallon (city) & Miami traffic is constant stop & go. I'm completely impressed with this car. I love it!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.