Used 2008 Mazda 6 i Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mazda 6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Great fun car, but scary to drive @times
By hp

2008 Mazda 6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 12/2008; I sold it in less than 6 months. The car handles great, pickup is ok; but when there's even little snow on the street; if its raining or if there are potholes and you're going over 45mph; it seems like you're drifting. Imagine if you driving a semitruck and on every bump you noticed the trailer wavering. Its not as bad as that but close. I didn't feel safe driving it. Since I bought this car, I have heard the same compliant from other people I've met with a Mazda 6 and today for the first time someone with a Mazda 3 mentioned the same thing. When I bought the car, people were raving.

Stereo can get quite loud Handles great on turns

Figure out this drifting issue.

Zoom. Zoom.
By Jacob

2008 Mazda 6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The car is awesome. I've had it for about a month and have had no problems yet. I bought it used with about 8500 miles. It has good engine performance as well as pretty tight handling. The 6-disc cd changer is nice and the sound system is okay (its no bose, but not bad). Overall its a good, reliable car to get around town.

6-disc cd changer, comfortable seats, decent sound

Audio input for iPod or MP3 player.

Excellent Car! Zoom Zoom!
By Charlie

2008 Mazda 6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car drives and looks like a champ. The interior quality is good and body style looks great! It picks up pretty good for a 2.3 4 cylinder. Has better standard features than other competitors. You cant go wrong with the Mazda 6.

6 disc changer, dual exhaust, interior quality, steering wheel audio controls. Tiptronic.

None

Brakes
By annoyed

2008 Mazda 6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second 6. I had a 2006 Mazda 6 and recently purchased a 2008 6. I have just 2,000 miles and once AGAIN, my brakes are shuttering and pulsating and my steering wheel has vibration from the brakes.I had the same issue with my 2006. Now I have to again bring the car in to be checked. The only concern is after I repaired the 2006, new brakes, rotors, I had to after, 1,500 miles have the new rotors re-surfaced! I am hoping I do not have the same issue all over. Mazda needs to fix this problem! I do not think I will purchase another Mazda. This is a pain, to say the least, also quite expensive to repair.

Body style

Sound system needs improvement. More pick up regarding speed.

More trunk room than my '01 Maxima!
By John Wilson

2008 Mazda 6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Two months into this car with a little over 4200 miles on the odometer. Only negative was a bad AC compressor at 2k miles but was fixed within 4 hours. Car drives and rides nice with plenty of room for the family including the boys baseball gear and a couple of chairs. I was looking at used Pontiac G6s when I found this one and couldn't be happier. Average mileage with 5 speed with mostly city driving is a low of 25 mpg and a high of 29 mpg so far with things only looking better as the car gets more broken in. So much better than the Maxima at 19 - 23 mpg which also asked for premium fuel. VERY happy with my new MAZDA6!

Gas mileage. Comfort. Smooth shifting manual transmission. Cloth interior is of good quality and very comfortable.

Paint chips easily - better clear coat needed. Floor mats are starting to show wear already. Bought all-weather Mazda mats but should come standard. better insulation in floor and ceiling. When it rains it sounds very hollow in the roof area. Spin on oil filter instead of canister filter.