Used 2008 Mazda 6 Consumer Reviews - 57 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mazda 6

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Good Buy
By Travis

2008 Mazda 6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Most dealerships will be selling for above KBB value, but that seems pretty standard on these Mazdas. Worth the buy.

Belly flop
By Dan

2008 Mazda 6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Bad decision on my part to buy this car. All the other reviews are wrong - these are cheap, unreliable cars. The car has been trouble from the first month of ownership. The roof liner is falling down and my seats show significant where and tear. I've had this car in the shop all too often for engine noises and vibrations. Dealer told me that the engine mounts are worn out and need to be replaced. This is the only car I've ever owned that has had a problem with the engine mount. The engine mount! Really?! I will never by Mazda again.

Average reliability, but handles very well
By Bill

2008 Mazda 6 i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

From my experience this Mazda6 has about average reliability, but below average when compared to other Japanese manufacturers. This model is known to have transmission issues. In addition, the gas mileage is marginal compared to peers and the interior is fairly noisy.

However, it does handle very well and is fairly nimble.

Second new Mazda, love them.
By Alan McGuiness

2008 Mazda 6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Traded in my 2004 with 111K on it for a new 2008 Mazda 6I, all the bells and whistles, leather heated seats and interior, CD player with awesome Bose speakers, sunroof, heated mirrors, compass in autodimming mirror, etc. Owned this one for 7 years, just spent my first out-of-pocket on a replacement headlight bulb. Absolutely no other issues or complaints, and I push my vehicles hard. This one did 135 MPH in Death Valley a couple of years back, and the radio plays louder the faster you go!! Armorall the entire leather interior annually, holding up perfectly.

The sport shift, the heated seats on a cold morning, the ability to lower the headlight aim, when the trunk is full, and the ability to fold down rear seats. I was able to fit a full sized house door in the back of the car, tie the trunk down, and drive home 163 miles, with no issues. I will buy another one.

I use a scan-gauge to monitor engine conditions, manifold temps, MPG etc., would be nice to have a second computer port for this. Better car antenna, as reception in a rural area can be spotty.

SUPER RELIABLE & FUN TO DRIVE!!!
By jmart805

2008 Mazda 6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my 2008 Mazda 6 from a tow yard - kinda sketchy I know. But I test drove it, had it inspected by a Mazda dealership (highly recommended) and I fell in love with it! It had ~104k miles and was being sold for $7,500. 1.5 years and 24k miles later and I've had absolutely no issues with it! I've driven it for ride share companies, through the crazy hills of Berkeley & San Francisco, taken my girlfriend to the Grand Canyon, driven in snow - it's always been there for me!

Sadly, my car was taken from me when a 65-year old lady ran off the road and totaled my parked Mazda 6 with her Mercedes-Benz :( Now I'm back on the market for another used car that will satisfy me the way my car did

Cool, red interior lights on the dash that protected your vision for night-time driving. Quick acceleration, great brakes and nimble handling. Trunk big enough to hold at least 4 large suitcases and groceries at the same time!

Auxiliary input for the MP3z! Bluetooth or something. More technologeez!