Used 2008 Mazda 6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mazda 6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Second new Mazda, love them.
By Alan McGuiness

2008 Mazda 6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Traded in my 2004 with 111K on it for a new 2008 Mazda 6I, all the bells and whistles, leather heated seats and interior, CD player with awesome Bose speakers, sunroof, heated mirrors, compass in autodimming mirror, etc. Owned this one for 7 years, just spent my first out-of-pocket on a replacement headlight bulb. Absolutely no other issues or complaints, and I push my vehicles hard. This one did 135 MPH in Death Valley a couple of years back, and the radio plays louder the faster you go!! Armorall the entire leather interior annually, holding up perfectly.

The sport shift, the heated seats on a cold morning, the ability to lower the headlight aim, when the trunk is full, and the ability to fold down rear seats. I was able to fit a full sized house door in the back of the car, tie the trunk down, and drive home 163 miles, with no issues. I will buy another one.

I use a scan-gauge to monitor engine conditions, manifold temps, MPG etc., would be nice to have a second computer port for this. Better car antenna, as reception in a rural area can be spotty.

SUPER RELIABLE & FUN TO DRIVE!!!
By jmart805

2008 Mazda 6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my 2008 Mazda 6 from a tow yard - kinda sketchy I know. But I test drove it, had it inspected by a Mazda dealership (highly recommended) and I fell in love with it! It had ~104k miles and was being sold for $7,500. 1.5 years and 24k miles later and I've had absolutely no issues with it! I've driven it for ride share companies, through the crazy hills of Berkeley & San Francisco, taken my girlfriend to the Grand Canyon, driven in snow - it's always been there for me! Sadly, my car was taken from me when a 65-year old lady ran off the road and totaled my parked Mazda 6 with her Mercedes-Benz :( Now I'm back on the market for another used car that will satisfy me the way my car did

Cool, red interior lights on the dash that protected your vision for night-time driving. Quick acceleration, great brakes and nimble handling. Trunk big enough to hold at least 4 large suitcases and groceries at the same time!

Auxiliary input for the MP3z! Bluetooth or something. More technologeez!

Not what I thought a Mazda would be
By christy22

2008 Mazda 6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my 2008 Mazda 6 with 36,000 miles on it. Right away, I had A/C issues. With 90,000 miles on it, I had to have the transmission rebuilt and change out the valve body. As I now understand it (reading consumer reviews on the issues of this car), the valve bodies are made overseas and built with a poor grade metal so these cars have transmission issues. I finally sold the car 1 month ago having rebuilt the transmission and fixed the A/C 3 times. I had only heard good things about Mazda's, but I won't buy another one.

Transfer manufacturing of valve bodies to another location that would build with better grade metal.

Wonderful car for long commute.
By joemerchant1

2008 Mazda 6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I have now owned this car for a year now and added over 25K miles to the odometer. I bought this car for commuting and second car as I also own a 2012 Ford F-150 and my wife has 2010 Camary. The only bad thing I can say about this car is the leather is not very good and cracked under the front corner which does not get any wear from sitting. Other than that, it gets 29 MPG hand calculated at every fillup no matter what gas or the season. The little 4 banger is peppy and gets to speed well. The gearing of this car is terrific as I find many cars are not geared well with mismatched engines. Mazda did a wonderful job matching the transmission to the engine.

Fuel Economy Handling Cost of Ownership Comfort Solid build Gearing. The engine is matched well to the transmission at all speeds. Low RPM, good torque and good economy on the highway. It likes to be driven

Seats pull from the bottom on many I looked at

Best Car EVER! BMW is only other car I can compare to!
By npalafax

2008 Mazda 6 i Sport Value Edition 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Bought used at 70k Base i hatchback with sport package same car as the photo above. I really loved the hatch vs one with a trunk. It came in handy more than I ever thought. And still wish I had it. The only other car that I can say drove anything like this was a BMW which I now own. Ironically, the previous owner I bought it from sold it because she bought a new BMW. The only issues I ever had were: 1.Thermostat at 83k common problem threw a engine light so never over heated. 2.All the motor mounts failed at the same time. This car was defiantly well loved and cared for. Sadly was totaled at 98K in a garage fire in my building otherwise I would still have it. BUY A 4cyl v6 has a lot of probs

Looks, Design, Comfort, Fuel Econ, Reliability, cheap cheap maintenance. Very safe car with side airbags and Traction Control. With Good Crash test ratings.

Replacing a headlight bulb requires the front bumper to be pulled off...