2007 Mazda 6 Consumer Review: This is my 2nd 6s

2007 Mazda 6 - Consumer Review

s Sport Value Edition Sedan (3.0L V6 6-speed Automatic)

This is my 2nd 6s
By Greg Cotton on

2007 Mazda 6 s Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car to replace my 2003 6s, which my brother now owns. I put 97,000, mostly highway miles on it in just under 4 years. I loved the car! The 2007 is as close a replacement as I could get. However if I could get a new 2003 instead I would have. I prefer the 16 in wheels, the 5 speed automatic (the 6 spd downshifts at very modest hills and get the same mileage), the key/remote is way too big, and a number of small amenities in the interior have been dropped. The only thing I like better is the smoother frequency response of the new speakers: I find the 6 CD changer to be a pain, though. All that said, I still love the car, just not as much as my 2003!

Great handling, brakes, better speakers than my 2003, it's a great traveling car with great interior/trunk room. I'm averaging 27 mpg @ 75-80 mph. It looks and feels great!

Bring back the 16 inch wheels, the 17 inch are harder riding and noisier! Longer left arm rest. Bring back the old key/valet key and remote. If you lock with the door switch you don't get a confirming light flash like the 2003.