2007 Mazda 6 Consumer Review: Great Car for the Money

2007 Mazda 6 - Consumer Review

i Touring Sedan (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Great Car for the Money
By mr_mastick on

2007 Mazda 6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Mazda6 two years ago with just under 60,000 miles on it. I now have 98,000 on the odometer and (knocking on wood) have not had a single issue with the vehicle. Not one. I leased a brand new 328i prior to owning this vehicle and had more problems under 15,000 miles. All in all, for what it is, it has been great. Manual transmission makes up for the lack of oomph provided by the I-4. Interior is comfortable, and well laid out. Steering feel is great. While not a sport sedan, I sure as he!! drive it like one and given the horrible 700 tread wear rated tires, the limit is not far off so it is great fun, really. I am actually surprised by all the negative ratings.

Reliability. Handling. Affordability. Safety specs.

First gear is somewhat elusive at times but that could be me :). Brakes could be better but they have kept me out of more than one rear end. A tad noisy on the highway but overall quieter than than darn 328i and its A-Pillar wind songs. Pedal layout is not the greatest. Could really have used a sixth speed to aid in fuel economy.