2007 Mazda 6 Consumer Review: Bulletproof!

2007 Mazda 6 - Consumer Review

2007 Mazda 6

i Sport Sedan (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

Bulletproof!
By nikonmorous on

2007 Mazda 6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

In 2011 when I got this car, it was my sweet sixteen gift, so of course it was the coolest thing on the road ( at least in my opinion ). It came from the local Ford dealership with 142k miles on the odometer. Now, three and a half years later, it has 176k miles. And not a single mechanical issue - the drivetrain is absolutely rock-solid. Cosmetically, the car does suffer a bit. The front bumper must've been painted with hair-dye, the the headliner had to be applied using Elmer's Glue - just appalling. Not to mention, the projector headlights perform like they've got cataracts. Although the engine is lethargic, it's a hoot to drive. I swear it's on rails.

I love the reliability! The OEM stereo is nothing to sneeze at, either. I once blew my rear-view mirror clean off its base from the awesome bass. The craftsmanship of the interior is superior. Panels fit nicely and don't rattle. The handling of the Mazda 6 is impressive - I haven't found its limit, yet. I live in the South, so my daily commute involves dodging large quantities of pooh selectively placed by animals or incest neighbors, and the car performs flawlessly. The car is also easily customizable, although I steer clear of the "ricer" image.

Since the car has already been replaced by two newer generations, "suggested improvements" is a pretty mute point.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review