Used 2007 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:

Sweet SIX
By zeppelin

2007 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I have had this car for just over a year. It is a great overall car. It is built very solid and looks great with the Black exterior and black interior. Performs pretty well for a 4 cylinder, especially at higher rpms. The gas mileage could be tad better. Averaging in 50/50 mixed driving around 24mpg. No mechanical issues with over 9k.

Favorite Features

Red gauges, dual exhausts. Actually feels simliar to the 6 cylinder. 17 inch wheels with good michelin tires. Smooth ride and solid handling. TCS.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage.

The i Sport Value Edition is Value
By Mark D

2007 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I was driving a 2002 Mazda Tribute and when gas prices shot up to $3 per gallon I decided to trade it in for something with better gas mileage. The Mazda 6 i Sport Value Edition is the perfect car for buyers who want 4-cylinder gas mileage but don't want to sacrifice good looks, performance and comfortability. I am averaging 25MPG on the highway after 4k miles, I usually speed in the left lane. This car is very comfortable to drive.

Favorite Features

Driver cockpit layout. Optional iPod interface. Exterior looks. Massive aftermarket stuff available.

Suggested Improvements

Headlights are weak. I bought an HID conversion kit. No fog light kit for the i Sport. 5 speed automatic manu- matic feature is more a gimic than a real alternative to a real stick. Stereo speakers are cheap. I upgraded mine.

I LOVE THIS CAR!
By Gord

2007 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

This is a FANTASTIC car! I like the more muscular look of the car when compared with the Camrys, Altimas and Accords. This car says, "Look out! I'm Comin'!" I'm exceptionally pleased with the car and highly recommend it.

Favorite Features

Love the cockpit layout. Everything is perfectly placed. The low growl of the engine when you punch it. This car pulls! Great Handling. Sound system is wonderful and road noise is minimal. I've never had a car with no squeeks or rattles before. It's an amazing experience!

Suggested Improvements

The only flaw I have found so far is that the make-up mirror light on the passenger side doesn't illuminate. I'll either investigate it myself or have it fixed at the dealership at the first scheduled service.

Best value Japanese sedan
By Greg

2007 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Drove the accord and civic and altima, they could not touch the Mazda 6. I found the Mazda more comfortable and sportier than the hondas and the altima look is just not for me. MPG is very good in the 4 cyl version and has the power of a 6cyl. Stereo and controls are great unless you think good music only has bass in it. Seating is very roomy and comfortable, options in the value package are perfect. Great car a little noisy on the road but a body underseal will take care of that, usually depends on the road texture. Blue Hi beam indicator is like a laser beam when contrasted with cool red dash lts.

Favorite Features

Cool looking car with great features and awesome value good mpg and performance, love the 5spd auto.

Suggested Improvements

road noise, move or dim hi beam indicator, lo beam headlights need adjusted you can only see 30 ft in front of you then its black.

Love this car!
By Mel

2007 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I just love this car! I have had it for 2 weeks now and the interior layout is well done as is the exterior. It looks like a peppy midsize car and the performance backs it up. There is a larger turning radius but that was expected with the 17" wheels vs. the 14" on my last car. The traction control and ABS perform wonderfully and those commenting about the wonderful visability through the windshield hit the nail on the head. The red dash lighting is friendly on the eyes when driving at night. Rear passenger map lights, CD changer, numerous storage spaces and comfy seats are also appreciated bonuses in this car. I suggest a test drive. It doesn't take long to get comfy in one.

Favorite Features

The overall style and the engine response. I was nervous about "downgrading" to a 4cyl but this car has got plenty of horses to satisfy my lead foot. The cup holders are deep enough to hold my coffee in place perfectly. I love the power seat, red dash lighting, the key/remote and the big trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Really the only complaint I have is that with the large front view I feel like I'm going slower so I constantly have to watch the speedometer... but then again, that's not a fault of the car. Oh, I do agree that the doors have to be shut a bit heavily but it's an easy thing to adapt to.