Used 2007 Mazda 6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda 6

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Decent Car
By dshur87

2007 Mazda 6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Had it for a year now. Fun to drive. A lot more peppy with the manual tranny. Get 30+mpg setting cruise at 80mph on hwys. Had to replace 6 cd changer because it jammed. Also engine started to smoke at 11K miles. Thinking maybe a piston ring? (I let it set all winter = 4months.) Complete engine replaced. Both replaced under warranty with no hassle. Great dealership. Manual tranny and summer tires not great in the snow, drove my truck all winter. Has a lot standard features that are usually costly options with other brands. Great for daily commutes and short road trips.

Favorite Features

Interior not full of cheap plastic like most cars. Great gas mileage. Low cost to own. Good value compared to other brands.

Suggested Improvements

Figure out what caused the engine smoke. Back seat legroom isn't great for adults.

No longer a Mazda lover
By kat01

2007 Mazda 6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I had owned 3 previous Mazda cars. Thought with this new car I was going to get same quality. Boy was I wrong. I have had to take this car back to dealership for 3 different repairs. Oil pan leaked, air conditioning motor went, now battery is leaking acid and has corroded the wires. Now I found out there is a Ford motor in the car. Can't wait to see what is next. All this and it hasn't been a year. Thank goodness for a warranty. Lot of time wasted, though. I do, however, like the drive and the interior is very spacious. Plenty of room for the kid and all his toys. There are lots of cubbies to hold things. Regardless of the interior space Mazda has lost me as a life long customer.

Favorite Features

Roomy interior

Suggested Improvements

Put a Mazda quality engine (not a Ford) in all the cars.

Wonderful
By WstEndZoom

2007 Mazda 6 i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

This is a wonderful car. Mazda's done a great job combining sportiness/design/value in this car. Exterior really draws the eye, it just looks quick. Inside everything about where you expect it to be and falls to the hand easily. Ride is what sells the car to me it's fantastic. I took the 4 cyl for gas mileage (getting 28 from a midsize is fine by me). A little raspy when you put your foot down but it moves. Goes exactly where you point it - handling is a good as previous BMWs and Audis I have owned. This car wants you to push it. Brakes are 1st class.

Favorite Features

Handling Handling Handling. Brakes are great too.

Suggested Improvements

A little less road noise would be ok although I don't want the isolation of a Camcord. Inside door panels could be better. If you wanted to give me a little more go with the 4 cyl I wouldn't say no.

Great daily driver
By Rob McCarver

2007 Mazda 6 i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Over all the car is great. I'm averaging 28 to 30 MPG mostly all city driving starting and stopping I usually cut the car and restart it about 15 times a day.

Favorite Features

Drives very easy, mileage is great radio is ok, and handling is fun.

Suggested Improvements

Plastic panels on the side interior seem thin and cheap. The buzz sound from the engine. More power.

Worth my Money
By Joe

2007 Mazda 6 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I enjoy driving this car. I commute 80 miles a day in it, and it definitely feels sporty. I replaced a Celica with this car, and I don't feel like I drive a mommy mobile. This car is not for the people who want cushy ride. I actually enjoy having a car with quirks. EXCEPT the weird clutch feel; that's annoying in stop-and-go. This is the car that Saab used to make, and it's a well rounded vehicle. I'm not crazy about the Bose stereo or the middling fuel economy. The tires are a very weird size which make replacement fairly expensive. I enjoy the rather peaky nature of the V6, it keeps me alert and focused. I can't be a lazy driver

Favorite Features

great hatchback utility, gear ratios, handling

Suggested Improvements

steering feel is dull, it turns wider than several SUV I drove recently, odd clutch pedal