Used 2007 Mazda 6 Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda 6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

It's the small things...
By 6 or 3 humm?...

2007 Mazda 6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Overall, my Mazda has done everything and more. The long trips and are comfortable and short trips are quick! I enjoy the tight and quick response handling. As for quick comparison, my last car was a Ford SHO and I would have to say that the 4-cylinder in the Mazda really moves when you go from point A to point B safely.

The sport shifter, amazing! The windows that roll down when you hold the unlock button down after pressing it twice... way cool. I call it my H.R.S. (Heat Reducing System) I use it in the summer time all the time. Sometimes even when don’t have to, it’s how I introduce my car to friends and family.

Gear ratio needs longer intervals. Brighter headlights. "T" release sensor on the automatic sport shifting option for reverse would be a plus. Turn off traction control in snow. Pulling onto a busy road when it has just snowed causes the TCS to activate due to tire slip stopping me in traffic. Deadly

2nd review-a year after my last one
By Dick Tater

2007 Mazda 6 i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my '07 Mazda6 since Sept '07, and it now has about 13000 miles. I still love it! I find excuses to go places just so I can drive it. Some owners and car authors comment about the lack of power from the 4 cyl engine, but I think it has plenty of power. I get over 30 mpg on highway (31.5 usually) and I've never been in a situation where I wished it had more power, even when climbing mountain passes in western NC. I am leasing the car; when lease is up I'm considering buying it. I recently test drove the new '09 Mazda6 and I don't like it as much as my '07; it's too big and lacks the fun-to-drive factor that the old model has. I think Mazda has screwed up with the remake of the 6.

Handling, looks, reliability, fun-to- drive factor, overall size, engine growl, slick shifting 5-speed tranny, gas economy, power seat, trunk size.

Needs auxillary audio input jack and higher-grade upholstery material. Also, as mentioned in my original post, it could benefit from shorter turning radius. Also, I change oil myself and find this the most difficult car I've owned to change oil in.

Awesome Ride
By rick31621

2007 Mazda 6 s Sport Value Edition 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Great ride, awesome acceleration, average gas mileage.

V6, dual exhaust

More comfortable driver's seat.

Great car!
By RaysFan2008

2007 Mazda 6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I love my 6! This is the first time I've purchased a Mazda and it's been great. I get about 24 MPG. in the city and about 30 MPG. on the highway so it's pretty decent and it's got a really big tank.

The handling and performance of this car is awesome! I used to own a Mitsubishi Eclipse and it wasn't as good compared to this.

Once in awhile, the A/C will blow out just regular fan air for just 2-3 seconds, then it will start blowing out cold air. It's not a big deal, but I've just notice it happens sometimes. Here in Florida, you need working A/C!

Decent Car
By dshur87

2007 Mazda 6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Had it for a year now. Fun to drive. A lot more peppy with the manual tranny. Get 30+mpg setting cruise at 80mph on hwys. Had to replace 6 cd changer because it jammed. Also engine started to smoke at 11K miles. Thinking maybe a piston ring? (I let it set all winter = 4months.) Complete engine replaced. Both replaced under warranty with no hassle. Great dealership. Manual tranny and summer tires not great in the snow, drove my truck all winter. Has a lot standard features that are usually costly options with other brands. Great for daily commutes and short road trips.

Interior not full of cheap plastic like most cars. Great gas mileage. Low cost to own. Good value compared to other brands.

Figure out what caused the engine smoke. Back seat legroom isn't great for adults.