2007 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Seriously, get this car.
By William Eckard on 10/04/07 21:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport Value Edition 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I got this car to replace my 15 mpg truck and am now getting over 30 mpg. A month before I got it, I never thought that I would ever be driving a Mazda, but I love my car. The handling is amazing, the 4 cyl still has enough oomph for me (I drive it hard). It looks good in any color that it's offered in. I have no complaints about this car. I love driving it. It isn't that expensive, you get over 30 mpg, it's a whole lot of fun to drive, it looks cool, it's safe. Mazda knocked this one outta the park.

This is my 2nd 6s
By Greg Cotton on 09/26/07 00:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car to replace my 2003 6s, which my brother now owns. I put 97,000, mostly highway miles on it in just under 4 years. I loved the car! The 2007 is as close a replacement as I could get. However if I could get a new 2003 instead I would have. I prefer the 16 in wheels, the 5 speed automatic (the 6 spd downshifts at very modest hills and get the same mileage), the key/remote is way too big, and a number of small amenities in the interior have been dropped. The only thing I like better is the smoother frequency response of the new speakers: I find the 6 CD changer to be a pain, though. All that said, I still love the car, just not as much as my 2003!

Overlooked Gem
By dsirias on 09/25/07 11:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have the only GT manual 6i hatchback that I know of in CA. After waiting months after my factory order it arrived just as requested - violet gray, black leather, iPod integration module. People are blown away when they see it, since there are so few of them in this configuration. It's not the fastest car, but it handles very well. The MPG is spectacular. I'm not even at half a tank and I've already driven almost 300 miles. (I admit that I don't drive real fast, but oh lord, I am loving the MPG thus far.) The Mazda6 is a car underserved by the base model and sport value configurations. That's why there are so many unsold. To really see the beauty of this car, see it decked out!

Zoom-zoom
By Zoom-zoom on 09/23/07 14:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned almost every type of foreign midsize sedan out there, Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, Infiniti J30 (upscale Altima), Suzuki Verona. The 6 by far is my favorite. Next to my father's 350z understandably, the 6 is the most fun car I've ever driven.

Great value
By Costa on 09/12/07 11:14 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 s Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this car to have an extra car around. The car feels just as good to drive as my main car but for $15k less. Overall it is a great everyday car.

Unreliable Lemon
By BuyHonda on 09/08/07 20:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The look and feel of the car is great. When it comes to performance and reliability, it broke down twice in the first two months of ownership and within the first 3000 miles. The car jerked and bucked and was inoperable both times and had to be towed to the dealership for diagnostics and repairs. On both occasions, the actuator throttle assembly went bad and had to be replaced. After the second breakdown and over six weeks of the car being in the repair shop, I exercised my lemon law rights as a consumer and got a full refund. This time, I purchased the much more reliable Honda Civic.

3rdTimesACharm
By Cheddar on 08/19/07 17:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is the third Mazda I've owned (my trade in was a 1992 B2600, original owner, with 176,000 and still running strong). This 6 has been a blast to drive. First tank of gas got 28mpg. Good leg room in the back. We've have 5 people in the car and didn't feel cramped. A 5 speed is the way to go if you drive a manual.

Hoped for More
By letrbuk on 08/15/07 19:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 s Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The 6 is a sharp looking little car. Get behind the wheel and the V6 gets you up and moving promptly. Throttle response is quick, though if pressed too hard the engine is prone to rev hard in search of power. The 6 speed auto is especially fun in manual mode, but the close ratios make shifting a busy job. Fuel economy does not appear to reap the benefits of 6 gears, no matter who is shifting. Heading down the road/highway, however, subtle hints creep in that this is not the "touring" car its package advertises. Road noise is fairly high and presents a stiff challenge to the meager standard stereo. The ride, while absolutely stable, is not necessarily smooth and is tiresome on extended trips.

Just buy one!
By franz on 07/24/07 10:24 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Ok. This is coming from a "German car snob" all my life. I've owned Mercedes, BMW and Audi and finally got smart. I had a great deal lined up for a Mercedes ML430 (used) then did some reading on the horror stories and breakdowns. So decided to test drive the Mazda6 before I went for a 3 series BMW. Guess what? Save the 10k! The Mazda6 is outstanding, sexy and "prances" down the highway at 80 mph with a solid, quiet feel. Yeah the beemer is a little quieter, better turning radius, and tighter on hard turns, but get over it for thousands in savings with the Mazda6. This company knows where the market is!

Go Mazda
By Mazda Man on 07/12/07 14:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I drove a V6 Mazda 626 for 11 years until it was totaled in an accident. I reluctantly decided to go with a 4 cylinder this time to save gas. New car does not pick up as fast, but the shifting is very smooth and the power is quite sufficient. Interior is all black, which turns out to look rather sporty from the outside. Seats are very comfortable microfiber with good side bolster support. Driver visibility is terrific, especially out of the front window - better than in my old 626. Engine noise is very low and the ride is smooth. IMHO, the 6i is the best new car value for the money.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.