Used 2007 Mazda 6 Consumer Reviews - 94 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda 6 - Consumer Reviews

2007 Mazda 6

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Still Great After 31,000 Miles!
By thebigbird35

2007 Mazda 6 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I still love this car. Only complaint is I've needed two alignments and gotta but new tires now. Breakaway mirrors and a bit better gas mileage would have been nice. But other than those quibbles, the comfort and handling and the sheer fun of driving remains exceptional. So much cooler than all the Camry's and Accord's out there. Really sad Mazda ended the hatchback line in 07 -- big mistake! That rear space is so convenient for hauling stuff, and the hatchback actually looks better than the Sedan IMO. I'd definitely buy this car again!

18" wheels, seat adjustment (6'5" and I can fit!), cargo space, lights, Bose sound system and sunroof, heated leather seats,navigation system.

Breakaway mirrors. Better gas mileage.

M6 Decent Wheels
By Tommy M607

2007 Mazda 6 i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Had the car for 15 months, 22K miles. Very comfortable, nice interior layout, good visibility, nice options for the price. Sporty handling but large turning radius. Engine idles a bit rough, smooth while driving, decent power, good gas mileage, average 28 MPG in mixed driving. Excellent brakes, trunk and fold down rear seats. Only problem- steering creaks when going slow-dealer said not a safety issue, greased fittings per tech bulletin, seems better.

Styling, interior layout, visibility, transmission, handling, options, price, not too many on road

No rear head rests like hatchback or wagon models

Great car
By Joe W.

2007 Mazda 6 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I like quirky cars, and this one fits the bill perfectly. It's not an annoying car, just different. The 3.0L V6 is not as strong as you would think down low, but the car asks you to drive it in a higher rev range. Driving the car higher in the rev range doesn't screw up the fuel economy very much. Gotta love the huge hatch opening. My only gripe is the weird front seats the have too much thigh support for us manual drivers. Yeah, and the shifter itself is slightly clunky, but it performs flawlessly.

18 inch wheels and tires, gauge lighting

exhaust note, weird front seat, shorter 2nd gear

07 Mazda 6 2.3 hatch
By nevans

2007 Mazda 6 i Sport Value Edition 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned Hondas, VWs, a Peugeot, and a Mazda GLC. If I had the cash I would buy a GTI, or BMW, but the 6 is a nice affordable alternative. Good handling and the 2.3 with a stick has enough power to be interesting. The hatch is what sold me. Room for skis and a couiple of bikes. Good car on snow and ice. I put on minus one, 16 inch wheels Nokia studded snows. Use the standard 17's in the summer. Like a lot of cars today there is lack of tie down hooks on the frame, which make it diffcult to pull out of a ditch

Handling, interior lay out, hatchback

mp3 in out

It's the small things...
By 6 or 3 humm?...

2007 Mazda 6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Overall, my Mazda has done everything and more. The long trips and are comfortable and short trips are quick! I enjoy the tight and quick response handling. As for quick comparison, my last car was a Ford SHO and I would have to say that the 4-cylinder in the Mazda really moves when you go from point A to point B safely.

The sport shifter, amazing! The windows that roll down when you hold the unlock button down after pressing it twice... way cool. I call it my H.R.S. (Heat Reducing System) I use it in the summer time all the time. Sometimes even when don’t have to, it’s how I introduce my car to friends and family.

Gear ratio needs longer intervals. Brighter headlights. "T" release sensor on the automatic sport shifting option for reverse would be a plus. Turn off traction control in snow. Pulling onto a busy road when it has just snowed causes the TCS to activate due to tire slip stopping me in traffic. Deadly