Used 2007 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

2007 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:

Most Helpful|
Should have gone with a Honda!
By wjw9075

2007 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the Mazda6 as a replacement for a Mazda3. The mazda6 was my first brand new car. I love how it drives, and handles! Zoom Zoom... but at 11,500 miles I had the transmission replaced. At 13,000 I am having the transmission fixed, and the front suspension fixed. Sound strange to you? I live in a big city, no backwoods dirt roads, just city pavement. I am so upside down in this car, that I could never get out of it at this rate. I am about to bite the bullet and trade it in anyway, for a Honda. I hope no one else is having these problems.

Favorite Features

Steering wheel controls, its ability to stick to the road like glue!

Suggested Improvements

Better transmissions, it looks like they transfered the 626's problems to the mazda6.

Solid and Reliable
By Juan

2007 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car new in June 2007. Now its Feb 2010 and 45,000 miles later I only have praise for this car. Solid and Reliable. I bough new tires at 40k and also a new battery at around 34k. Other than that, I have never taken this car to the shop. Still rides and looks like new. I would buy it again. I have owned a couple other new cars before, and they all had minor problems after 2 years (power windows broken, gas pump failure, etc). Not this one. The quality of this car is superb.

Favorite Features

6 CD changer. Steering wheel controls. Outside looks.

Suggested Improvements

Audio input jack for stereo.

Outstanding "Sport" Sedan, Practical!
By Adam

2007 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car with 2 years left to go in the Army, and I was driving a LOT on weekends (highway) and abusing it during the week, hauling squad members around post. I have a little over 70,000 miles on it, and have just changed the original tires at 65k miles. Everything else is original (including brakes, which look to have about 10,000 miles left on them). The first two years was a lot of highway driving, the last year and a half was normal mixed driving. It's held up extremely well to a hard life of icy winters and scorching summers (Missouri, Florida, and Louisiana). This has been the perfect balance of a "fun to drive" vehicle with a "practical" vehicle.

Favorite Features

Four wheel discs with anti-lock and traction control. I was able to get around in some awful ice-storm conditions in Missouri. The steering is well-weighted, and the car feels well- planted with a perceived low center-of- gravity. Mileage has been better than expected, fit and finish have held up well

Suggested Improvements

Less road noise. While not excessive, it's a bit loud for long trips. More stain-resistant upholstery. It's probably "average", but with the abuses of hauling around army gear and other soldiers, the tan fabric seemed to stain easily. A working media-input jack. The button is there, but no jack!

Bulletproof!
By nikonmorous

2007 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

In 2011 when I got this car, it was my sweet sixteen gift, so of course it was the coolest thing on the road ( at least in my opinion ). It came from the local Ford dealership with 142k miles on the odometer. Now, three and a half years later, it has 176k miles. And not a single mechanical issue - the drivetrain is absolutely rock-solid. Cosmetically, the car does suffer a bit. The front bumper must've been painted with hair-dye, the the headliner had to be applied using Elmer's Glue - just appalling. Not to mention, the projector headlights perform like they've got cataracts. Although the engine is lethargic, it's a hoot to drive. I swear it's on rails.

Favorite Features

I love the reliability! The OEM stereo is nothing to sneeze at, either. I once blew my rear-view mirror clean off its base from the awesome bass. The craftsmanship of the interior is superior. Panels fit nicely and don't rattle. The handling of the Mazda 6 is impressive - I haven't found its limit, yet. I live in the South, so my daily commute involves dodging large quantities of pooh selectively placed by animals or incest neighbors, and the car performs flawlessly. The car is also easily customizable, although I steer clear of the "ricer" image.

Suggested Improvements

Since the car has already been replaced by two newer generations, "suggested improvements" is a pretty mute point.

Great daily driver
By Rob McCarver

2007 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Over all the car is great. I'm averaging 28 to 30 MPG mostly all city driving starting and stopping I usually cut the car and restart it about 15 times a day.

Favorite Features

Drives very easy, mileage is great radio is ok, and handling is fun.

Suggested Improvements

Plastic panels on the side interior seem thin and cheap. The buzz sound from the engine. More power.