2007 Mazda Mazda6 Consumer Reviews 4

2007 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

2007 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
07 Mazda 6 2.3 hatch
By nevans on 12/31/08 15:27 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport Value Edition 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned Hondas, VWs, a Peugeot, and a Mazda GLC. If I had the cash I would buy a GTI, or BMW, but the 6 is a nice affordable alternative. Good handling and the 2.3 with a stick has enough power to be interesting. The hatch is what sold me. Room for skis and a couiple of bikes. Good car on snow and ice. I put on minus one, 16 inch wheels Nokia studded snows. Use the standard 17's in the summer. Like a lot of cars today there is lack of tie down hooks on the frame, which make it diffcult to pull out of a ditch

It's the small things...
By 6 or 3 humm?... on 12/25/08 20:45 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Overall, my Mazda has done everything and more. The long trips and are comfortable and short trips are quick! I enjoy the tight and quick response handling. As for quick comparison, my last car was a Ford SHO and I would have to say that the 4-cylinder in the Mazda really moves when you go from point A to point B safely.

2nd review-a year after my last one
By Dick Tater on 12/12/08 09:21 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my '07 Mazda6 since Sept '07, and it now has about 13000 miles. I still love it! I find excuses to go places just so I can drive it. Some owners and car authors comment about the lack of power from the 4 cyl engine, but I think it has plenty of power. I get over 30 mpg on highway (31.5 usually) and I've never been in a situation where I wished it had more power, even when climbing mountain passes in western NC. I am leasing the car; when lease is up I'm considering buying it. I recently test drove the new '09 Mazda6 and I don't like it as much as my '07; it's too big and lacks the fun-to-drive factor that the old model has. I think Mazda has screwed up with the remake of the 6.

Awesome Ride
By rick31621 on 11/18/08 03:43 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport Value Edition 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Great ride, awesome acceleration, average gas mileage.

Great car!
By RaysFan2008 on 10/24/08 12:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I love my 6! This is the first time I've purchased a Mazda and it's been great. I get about 24 MPG. in the city and about 30 MPG. on the highway so it's pretty decent and it's got a really big tank.

Decent Car
By dshur87 on 09/15/08 12:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Had it for a year now. Fun to drive. A lot more peppy with the manual tranny. Get 30+mpg setting cruise at 80mph on hwys. Had to replace 6 cd changer because it jammed. Also engine started to smoke at 11K miles. Thinking maybe a piston ring? (I let it set all winter = 4months.) Complete engine replaced. Both replaced under warranty with no hassle. Great dealership. Manual tranny and summer tires not great in the snow, drove my truck all winter. Has a lot standard features that are usually costly options with other brands. Great for daily commutes and short road trips.

No longer a Mazda lover
By kat01 on 08/13/08 21:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I had owned 3 previous Mazda cars. Thought with this new car I was going to get same quality. Boy was I wrong. I have had to take this car back to dealership for 3 different repairs. Oil pan leaked, air conditioning motor went, now battery is leaking acid and has corroded the wires. Now I found out there is a Ford motor in the car. Can't wait to see what is next. All this and it hasn't been a year. Thank goodness for a warranty. Lot of time wasted, though. I do, however, like the drive and the interior is very spacious. Plenty of room for the kid and all his toys. There are lots of cubbies to hold things. Regardless of the interior space Mazda has lost me as a life long customer.

Wonderful
By WstEndZoom on 07/31/08 08:20 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

This is a wonderful car. Mazda's done a great job combining sportiness/design/value in this car. Exterior really draws the eye, it just looks quick. Inside everything about where you expect it to be and falls to the hand easily. Ride is what sells the car to me it's fantastic. I took the 4 cyl for gas mileage (getting 28 from a midsize is fine by me). A little raspy when you put your foot down but it moves. Goes exactly where you point it - handling is a good as previous BMWs and Audis I have owned. This car wants you to push it. Brakes are 1st class.

Great daily driver
By Rob McCarver on 07/14/08 09:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Over all the car is great. I'm averaging 28 to 30 MPG mostly all city driving starting and stopping I usually cut the car and restart it about 15 times a day.

Worth my Money
By Joe on 07/09/08 22:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I enjoy driving this car. I commute 80 miles a day in it, and it definitely feels sporty. I replaced a Celica with this car, and I don't feel like I drive a mommy mobile. This car is not for the people who want cushy ride. I actually enjoy having a car with quirks. EXCEPT the weird clutch feel; that's annoying in stop-and-go. This is the car that Saab used to make, and it's a well rounded vehicle. I'm not crazy about the Bose stereo or the middling fuel economy. The tires are a very weird size which make replacement fairly expensive. I enjoy the rather peaky nature of the V6, it keeps me alert and focused. I can't be a lazy driver