2007 Mazda 6 Consumer Review: 2nd review-a year after my las

2007 Mazda 6 Sedan - Consumer Review

2007 Mazda 6 Sedan

2nd review-a year after my last one
By Dick Tater on

2007 Mazda 6 i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my '07 Mazda6 since Sept '07, and it now has about 13000 miles. I still love it! I find excuses to go places just so I can drive it. Some owners and car authors comment about the lack of power from the 4 cyl engine, but I think it has plenty of power. I get over 30 mpg on highway (31.5 usually) and I've never been in a situation where I wished it had more power, even when climbing mountain passes in western NC. I am leasing the car; when lease is up I'm considering buying it. I recently test drove the new '09 Mazda6 and I don't like it as much as my '07; it's too big and lacks the fun-to-drive factor that the old model has. I think Mazda has screwed up with the remake of the 6.

Handling, looks, reliability, fun-to- drive factor, overall size, engine growl, slick shifting 5-speed tranny, gas economy, power seat, trunk size.

Needs auxillary audio input jack and higher-grade upholstery material. Also, as mentioned in my original post, it could benefit from shorter turning radius. Also, I change oil myself and find this the most difficult car I've owned to change oil in.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review