2007 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
MAZDA6 Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan 2.3L 4cyl
By dave408 on 01/21/12 10:15 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We baught a new Mazda 6 and at first had to replace the dash. (bubled up). Then had to get a new back seat. No one had ever set in it.Speakers had to be replaced a number of times. After a month we ran low on oil. The oil light never came on. It did'nt show oil on the dip stick. No leaks. No sign of oil in the exhaust. Engine rattles when you start up. The oil light has never come on. The power stearing pump went out. My wife has the oil changed at a well known shop down town. It's always low on oil when she takes it in.My Mazda protege was a much better car.This car has been well taken care of but I think it's junk. I will never buy another Mazda or Ford. Nor will any of my family members

4th review
By Dick Tater on 10/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My lease is up, so I've been looking at alternatives to buying my dark red 4-door sedan. I've looked at 20 or more new car models, but have come to the conclusion to just buy this car. I still like it, after 3 years of commuting and driving from VA to NC every couple of months. There's nothing wrong with this car and it's still very enjoyable to drive. Just wish it had audio input jack and the oil was easier to change.

Inexpensive and sporty
By romans on 08/02/10 17:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new to replace my '99 Altima. Much better looking, great handling and brakes, very comfortable and good MPG Engine not very responsive and not much torque, need to keep RPM high to get any power. Had to take it to dealer a couple of times, now it's knocking in front end, so build quality does not match Nissan. High engine RPM at highway speed, needs 6th gear, that would improve mileage as well; I get about 30 MPG in mixed driving and a bit over that on highway. But otherwise reliable and fun to drive

3rd review--'07 sedan 5 speed 4 cyl
By Dick Tater on 03/02/10 11:54 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my cherry red mazda6 for 2.5 years now, with 30,500 on odometer. It's been great; still fun to drive, no major mechanical or build issues (I did get the steering clunking noise fixed according to the factory service bulletin), and it still seems to be the best sedan in this price range for someone who likes to drive--not just get from point A to point B. My lease is up in September; I'd buy it then, but I'd rather have the hatchback version, so I'm actively looking for a hatchback with a manual tranny, 6 or 4 cyl engine, and a few more options than my car has, like fog lights, mooonroof and spoiler. I just can't get real excited about any of the new cars on market now.

2nd review-a year after my last one
By Dick Tater on 12/12/08 09:21 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my '07 Mazda6 since Sept '07, and it now has about 13000 miles. I still love it! I find excuses to go places just so I can drive it. Some owners and car authors comment about the lack of power from the 4 cyl engine, but I think it has plenty of power. I get over 30 mpg on highway (31.5 usually) and I've never been in a situation where I wished it had more power, even when climbing mountain passes in western NC. I am leasing the car; when lease is up I'm considering buying it. I recently test drove the new '09 Mazda6 and I don't like it as much as my '07; it's too big and lacks the fun-to-drive factor that the old model has. I think Mazda has screwed up with the remake of the 6.

ZOOM ZOOM FUN!
By ZOOM ZOOM LOVER on 03/29/08 10:15 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2007 Mazda6i VE 5m back in August of 2007. I love this car! The car has sporty drive and loves to hold the road. This is my second mazda I purchased a 2003 mazda protege es and also loved that car. The car does have a peppy engine for a 4 cylinder. On average I receive about 28mpg on daily driving.

Perfect, for its price
By Dick Tater on 12/13/07 13:47 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car (4 cyl 5 speed sport value edition) is really hard to beat. Probably a more expensive car, like a BMW, Mercedes, or Cadillac CTS could beat it in many respects. But, for the money (around 20K), this car is unbeatable. Everything about it is well thought-out. I love the size-- not too big, not too small.

Very good value
By Happy _overall on 11/27/07 13:09 PM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the 4-cyl, 5-speed Value Edition after driving a 4-cyl Altima for 7 years. The value is unbeatable, it looks great, excellent handling, good gas mileage. The interior is good, with a number of features I did not expect at this price. Front seats are very supportive. The ride is stiff but not harsh. The engine is not as responsive as Altima's, and does not feel as strong. Another complaint is somewhat short gearing, the engine is close to 3k revs at 60 mph; it gets buzzy at higher speeds and MPG suffers. The stereo sounds great, but there is occasional static on FM stations; this did not happen in any other car.

Zoom-zoom
By Zoom-zoom on 09/23/07 14:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned almost every type of foreign midsize sedan out there, Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, Infiniti J30 (upscale Altima), Suzuki Verona. The 6 by far is my favorite. Next to my father's 350z understandably, the 6 is the most fun car I've ever driven.

3rdTimesACharm
By Cheddar on 08/19/07 17:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is the third Mazda I've owned (my trade in was a 1992 B2600, original owner, with 176,000 and still running strong). This 6 has been a blast to drive. First tank of gas got 28mpg. Good leg room in the back. We've have 5 people in the car and didn't feel cramped. A 5 speed is the way to go if you drive a manual.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.