Used 2007 Mazda 6 i Sport Value Edition Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

MAZDA6 Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan 2.3L 4cyl
By dave408

2007 Mazda 6 i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We baught a new Mazda 6 and at first had to replace the dash. (bubled up). Then had to get a new back seat. No one had ever set in it.Speakers had to be replaced a number of times. After a month we ran low on oil. The oil light never came on. It did'nt show oil on the dip stick. No leaks. No sign of oil in the exhaust. Engine rattles when you start up. The oil light has never come on. The power stearing pump went out. My wife has the oil changed at a well known shop down town. It's always low on oil when she takes it in.My Mazda protege was a much better car.This car has been well taken care of but I think it's junk. I will never buy another Mazda or Ford. Nor will any of my family members

4th review

2007 Mazda 6 i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My lease is up, so I've been looking at alternatives to buying my dark red 4-door sedan. I've looked at 20 or more new car models, but have come to the conclusion to just buy this car. I still like it, after 3 years of commuting and driving from VA to NC every couple of months. There's nothing wrong with this car and it's still very enjoyable to drive. Just wish it had audio input jack and the oil was easier to change.

engine performance, reliability, build quality, overall size of body--not too big, not too small--just right.

audio input jack, and easier oil change procedure.

Inexpensive and sporty
By romans

2007 Mazda 6 i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new to replace my '99 Altima. Much better looking, great handling and brakes, very comfortable and good MPG Engine not very responsive and not much torque, need to keep RPM high to get any power. Had to take it to dealer a couple of times, now it's knocking in front end, so build quality does not match Nissan. High engine RPM at highway speed, needs 6th gear, that would improve mileage as well; I get about 30 MPG in mixed driving and a bit over that on highway. But otherwise reliable and fun to drive

Awesome handling, good seats, 6-cd stereo

Engine needs improvement, needs 6th gear, Mazda needs to improve build quality

3rd review--'07 sedan 5 speed 4 cyl

2007 Mazda 6 i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my cherry red mazda6 for 2.5 years now, with 30,500 on odometer. It's been great; still fun to drive, no major mechanical or build issues (I did get the steering clunking noise fixed according to the factory service bulletin), and it still seems to be the best sedan in this price range for someone who likes to drive--not just get from point A to point B. My lease is up in September; I'd buy it then, but I'd rather have the hatchback version, so I'm actively looking for a hatchback with a manual tranny, 6 or 4 cyl engine, and a few more options than my car has, like fog lights, mooonroof and spoiler. I just can't get real excited about any of the new cars on market now.

Engine growl when winding through the gears, slick shifting manual tranny, sporty look, overall build quality. It's just darn fun to drive!

needs auxillary audio input jack and easier oil change procedure.

2nd review-a year after my last one

2007 Mazda 6 i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my '07 Mazda6 since Sept '07, and it now has about 13000 miles. I still love it! I find excuses to go places just so I can drive it. Some owners and car authors comment about the lack of power from the 4 cyl engine, but I think it has plenty of power. I get over 30 mpg on highway (31.5 usually) and I've never been in a situation where I wished it had more power, even when climbing mountain passes in western NC. I am leasing the car; when lease is up I'm considering buying it. I recently test drove the new '09 Mazda6 and I don't like it as much as my '07; it's too big and lacks the fun-to-drive factor that the old model has. I think Mazda has screwed up with the remake of the 6.

Handling, looks, reliability, fun-to- drive factor, overall size, engine growl, slick shifting 5-speed tranny, gas economy, power seat, trunk size.

Needs auxillary audio input jack and higher-grade upholstery material. Also, as mentioned in my original post, it could benefit from shorter turning radius. Also, I change oil myself and find this the most difficult car I've owned to change oil in.