2007 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Bulletproof!
By nikonmorous on 08/12/14 22:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

In 2011 when I got this car, it was my sweet sixteen gift, so of course it was the coolest thing on the road ( at least in my opinion ). It came from the local Ford dealership with 142k miles on the odometer. Now, three and a half years later, it has 176k miles. And not a single mechanical issue - the drivetrain is absolutely rock-solid. Cosmetically, the car does suffer a bit. The front bumper must've been painted with hair-dye, the the headliner had to be applied using Elmer's Glue - just appalling. Not to mention, the projector headlights perform like they've got cataracts. Although the engine is lethargic, it's a hoot to drive. I swear it's on rails.

Great Car for the Money
By mr_mastick on 06/19/13 12:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Mazda6 two years ago with just under 60,000 miles on it. I now have 98,000 on the odometer and (knocking on wood) have not had a single issue with the vehicle. Not one. I leased a brand new 328i prior to owning this vehicle and had more problems under 15,000 miles. All in all, for what it is, it has been great. Manual transmission makes up for the lack of oomph provided by the I-4. Interior is comfortable, and well laid out. Steering feel is great. While not a sport sedan, I sure as he!! drive it like one and given the horrible 700 tread wear rated tires, the limit is not far off so it is great fun, really. I am actually surprised by all the negative ratings.

MAZDA6 Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan 2.3L 4cyl
By dave408 on 01/21/12 10:15 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We baught a new Mazda 6 and at first had to replace the dash. (bubled up). Then had to get a new back seat. No one had ever set in it.Speakers had to be replaced a number of times. After a month we ran low on oil. The oil light never came on. It did'nt show oil on the dip stick. No leaks. No sign of oil in the exhaust. Engine rattles when you start up. The oil light has never come on. The power stearing pump went out. My wife has the oil changed at a well known shop down town. It's always low on oil when she takes it in.My Mazda protege was a much better car.This car has been well taken care of but I think it's junk. I will never buy another Mazda or Ford. Nor will any of my family members

mazda electrical/misc troublemaker
By dsuranksy on 07/16/11 13:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased an 07 hatchback in 08 with 12 k miles on it. Car has had repeated air bag lights. Taken to dealer numerous times, paided alot for diagnosis, dealer cant ever seem to repair. All goes well for a day or two, the light comes back on! Warranty is long gone, pretty much stuck with it..Seems to go thru tires, all four have to be replaced every 20k with alignment (michelin tires). Stay away from Mazda, never had these problems with Honda or Toyota.

Mazda6 Wagon
By mazdaowner666 on 04/18/11 22:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Overall Impression 2004 Reasonable car for the money. Put 50K miles on ours. 5spd manual stick. Full loaded. Pros Suspension feels good. Sporty appearance. Roomy for five people. Reliable. Fit. Cons Engine is a dog for its V6 size - but of course it is made by ford. MPG also a disappointment at 24 granny-style driving hwy vs. sport driving in the city maybe 14. ie. in this category the worst of both worlds. Turning radius is pathetic. Seating poor support in the lumbar (compared to any european car). Poor tire clearance on body. Manual trans I think was built for a different engine --ratios terrible -- too tight for a 3litre engine. Should have available 4cylinder eng.

Little Disappointed, transmission?
By Rbader on 11/17/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 s Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased the car brand new. Everything went very well for first 3 and half years. Just oil changes and gas. At around 58k miles we started noticing a cut off or disconnect in the transmission shifting between 3rd and 4th gear. We finally took it to the dealer and we were advised that we need a new transmission. Did that, luckily we had purchased the extended Mazda warranty till 100k, which covered us 100%. Otherwise, the car so far is great.

Happy Driver
By D Trumps on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I originally bought this car for my wife but due to my long commute, i started driving it a year ago. I look forward to my drive. The car is comfortable and handles well. I have gotten as much as 33 mpg and find this incredible for a midsized which is as good as a compact but with more room and style. 67,000 miles on the car and only a few minor complaints. I replaced the Michelins with 45,000 miles on it and have yet to replace the battery. My first and last 12 miles each day are down and up a mountain pass and really show off this sedans strong suit. Keep it in the sweet spot and smile. I am disappointed that the current 6 is not sport oriented.

4th review
By Dick Tater on 10/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My lease is up, so I've been looking at alternatives to buying my dark red 4-door sedan. I've looked at 20 or more new car models, but have come to the conclusion to just buy this car. I still like it, after 3 years of commuting and driving from VA to NC every couple of months. There's nothing wrong with this car and it's still very enjoyable to drive. Just wish it had audio input jack and the oil was easier to change.

Outstanding "Sport" Sedan, Practical!
By Adam on 08/11/10 23:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car with 2 years left to go in the Army, and I was driving a LOT on weekends (highway) and abusing it during the week, hauling squad members around post. I have a little over 70,000 miles on it, and have just changed the original tires at 65k miles. Everything else is original (including brakes, which look to have about 10,000 miles left on them). The first two years was a lot of highway driving, the last year and a half was normal mixed driving. It's held up extremely well to a hard life of icy winters and scorching summers (Missouri, Florida, and Louisiana). This has been the perfect balance of a "fun to drive" vehicle with a "practical" vehicle.

Inexpensive and sporty
By romans on 08/02/10 17:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new to replace my '99 Altima. Much better looking, great handling and brakes, very comfortable and good MPG Engine not very responsive and not much torque, need to keep RPM high to get any power. Had to take it to dealer a couple of times, now it's knocking in front end, so build quality does not match Nissan. High engine RPM at highway speed, needs 6th gear, that would improve mileage as well; I get about 30 MPG in mixed driving and a bit over that on highway. But otherwise reliable and fun to drive

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.