Used 2007 Mazda 6 Consumer Reviews - 94 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda 6

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Solid performance from this Great Feeling Ride
By Decorama

2007 Mazda 6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

When they say Mazda makes the drivers car, the 2007 Mazda 6 is what they're talking about. This car feels great across the board.
Interior is pretty basic but with striking red dashboard illumination at night. All controls are ergonomically correct and convenient.
Acceleration is OK. Handling is where this car shines. You really feel one with the car and it simply sails on the highway.
Owned mine from 13k miles to 75k miles without a single repair.

2007 Mazda 6 base model
By Kyra Price

2007 Mazda 6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought my car from a private seller for $2,000. The car had 178,000 miles on it, and I had to replace the brakes, windshield, and replaced a motor mount. Granted it has 178,000 miles, it gets great gas mileage (on average 27 combo), and it had never had new parts until I got it. Everything runs great besides there is a short in the stereo somewhere.

Run away and do not bu!
By Angry in Huntsville

2007 Mazda 6 s Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car has been a money pit since the day we bought it when it was 3 years old! In 5 years it has needed 2 batteries, 2 complete sets of tires, 2 complete brake jobs, Air conditioning overall and now the engine is completely fried!!! The mechanic said there was absolutely no oil left in the engine and it has only been 5,000 miles since the last oil change! Not to mention the fact that the headlight mounts are so clouded over that it is unsafe to drive at night and the fact that the entire front end has to be removed to change a lightbulb!!!

2007 Mazda 6 S 3.0 V6
By stevenmazda

2007 Mazda 6 s Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car used with 58,000 miles and loved it right off the bat. If you own the V6, it makes the nicest sounding noise I can think of for a car in this price range. It isn't super powerful and some modern day 4cyl could probably beat it, but it is refined and I loved it. It was hooked up to a 6spd automatic that was always eager to downshift, and will go through the first 3 gears pretty quickly, The ratios are nicely laid out. It turned in crisply and handled very well also. Unfortunately all this fun to drive goodness led me into a car accident, thankfully, only involving my car. I put 30,000 miles on the car in 2 years with my led foot and nothing at all broke, even at the track.

-Engine/transmission -Chassis/suspension -Big 11.75" brake rotors for its class

The rear sway bar. I upgraded to a racing beat sway bar and this car would rotate so nicely around corners like it was RWD. I was going to add firmer springs but didn't get the chance. definitely for the guy who wants a sporty car with the convenience of a big trunk and seating for 5.

Bulletproof!
By nikonmorous

2007 Mazda 6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

In 2011 when I got this car, it was my sweet sixteen gift, so of course it was the coolest thing on the road ( at least in my opinion ). It came from the local Ford dealership with 142k miles on the odometer. Now, three and a half years later, it has 176k miles. And not a single mechanical issue - the drivetrain is absolutely rock-solid. Cosmetically, the car does suffer a bit. The front bumper must've been painted with hair-dye, the the headliner had to be applied using Elmer's Glue - just appalling. Not to mention, the projector headlights perform like they've got cataracts. Although the engine is lethargic, it's a hoot to drive. I swear it's on rails.

I love the reliability! The OEM stereo is nothing to sneeze at, either. I once blew my rear-view mirror clean off its base from the awesome bass. The craftsmanship of the interior is superior. Panels fit nicely and don't rattle. The handling of the Mazda 6 is impressive - I haven't found its limit, yet. I live in the South, so my daily commute involves dodging large quantities of pooh selectively placed by animals or incest neighbors, and the car performs flawlessly. The car is also easily customizable, although I steer clear of the "ricer" image.

Since the car has already been replaced by two newer generations, "suggested improvements" is a pretty mute point.