Used 2007 Mazda 6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mazda 6

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

2007 Mazda 6 S 3.0 V6
By stevenmazda

2007 Mazda 6 s Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car used with 58,000 miles and loved it right off the bat. If you own the V6, it makes the nicest sounding noise I can think of for a car in this price range. It isn't super powerful and some modern day 4cyl could probably beat it, but it is refined and I loved it. It was hooked up to a 6spd automatic that was always eager to downshift, and will go through the first 3 gears pretty quickly, The ratios are nicely laid out. It turned in crisply and handled very well also. Unfortunately all this fun to drive goodness led me into a car accident, thankfully, only involving my car. I put 30,000 miles on the car in 2 years with my led foot and nothing at all broke, even at the track.

Favorite Features

-Engine/transmission -Chassis/suspension -Big 11.75" brake rotors for its class

Suggested Improvements

The rear sway bar. I upgraded to a racing beat sway bar and this car would rotate so nicely around corners like it was RWD. I was going to add firmer springs but didn't get the chance. definitely for the guy who wants a sporty car with the convenience of a big trunk and seating for 5.

Bulletproof!
By nikonmorous

2007 Mazda 6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

In 2011 when I got this car, it was my sweet sixteen gift, so of course it was the coolest thing on the road ( at least in my opinion ). It came from the local Ford dealership with 142k miles on the odometer. Now, three and a half years later, it has 176k miles. And not a single mechanical issue - the drivetrain is absolutely rock-solid. Cosmetically, the car does suffer a bit. The front bumper must've been painted with hair-dye, the the headliner had to be applied using Elmer's Glue - just appalling. Not to mention, the projector headlights perform like they've got cataracts. Although the engine is lethargic, it's a hoot to drive. I swear it's on rails.

Favorite Features

I love the reliability! The OEM stereo is nothing to sneeze at, either. I once blew my rear-view mirror clean off its base from the awesome bass. The craftsmanship of the interior is superior. Panels fit nicely and don't rattle. The handling of the Mazda 6 is impressive - I haven't found its limit, yet. I live in the South, so my daily commute involves dodging large quantities of pooh selectively placed by animals or incest neighbors, and the car performs flawlessly. The car is also easily customizable, although I steer clear of the "ricer" image.

Suggested Improvements

Since the car has already been replaced by two newer generations, "suggested improvements" is a pretty mute point.

Great Car for the Money
By mr_mastick

2007 Mazda 6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Mazda6 two years ago with just under 60,000 miles on it. I now have 98,000 on the odometer and (knocking on wood) have not had a single issue with the vehicle. Not one. I leased a brand new 328i prior to owning this vehicle and had more problems under 15,000 miles. All in all, for what it is, it has been great. Manual transmission makes up for the lack of oomph provided by the I-4. Interior is comfortable, and well laid out. Steering feel is great. While not a sport sedan, I sure as he!! drive it like one and given the horrible 700 tread wear rated tires, the limit is not far off so it is great fun, really. I am actually surprised by all the negative ratings.

Favorite Features

Reliability. Handling. Affordability. Safety specs.

Suggested Improvements

First gear is somewhat elusive at times but that could be me :). Brakes could be better but they have kept me out of more than one rear end. A tad noisy on the highway but overall quieter than than darn 328i and its A-Pillar wind songs. Pedal layout is not the greatest. Could really have used a sixth speed to aid in fuel economy.

MAZDA6 Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan 2.3L 4cyl
By dave408

2007 Mazda 6 i Sport Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We baught a new Mazda 6 and at first had to replace the dash. (bubled up). Then had to get a new back seat. No one had ever set in it.Speakers had to be replaced a number of times. After a month we ran low on oil. The oil light never came on. It did'nt show oil on the dip stick. No leaks. No sign of oil in the exhaust. Engine rattles when you start up. The oil light has never come on. The power stearing pump went out. My wife has the oil changed at a well known shop down town. It's always low on oil when she takes it in.My Mazda protege was a much better car.This car has been well taken care of but I think it's junk. I will never buy another Mazda or Ford. Nor will any of my family members

mazda electrical/misc troublemaker
By dsuranksy

2007 Mazda 6 i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased an 07 hatchback in 08 with 12 k miles on it. Car has had repeated air bag lights. Taken to dealer numerous times, paided alot for diagnosis, dealer cant ever seem to repair. All goes well for a day or two, the light comes back on! Warranty is long gone, pretty much stuck with it..Seems to go thru tires, all four have to be replaced every 20k with alignment (michelin tires). Stay away from Mazda, never had these problems with Honda or Toyota.

Favorite Features

very good driver, very good acceleration for a four, design of car is very slick.

Suggested Improvements

Improve air bag system..cost $75 just to hook up to air bag reader at dealer, no local repair shops have a reader.. repairs anywhere from $300 to $800 ea. and still not fixed.. make vehicle have less wear and tear on tires.. they pretty much eat them!