2006 Mazda 6 Consumer Review: Should have bought a camry

2006 Mazda 6 - Consumer Review

Should have bought a camry
By Neva on

2006 Mazda 6 i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was torn between buying a mazda 6 or a camry and went with the mazda. I enjoyed driving the car but at 7,320 mi. the car broke down (bad clutch). Yesterday at 33,000 mi. the car broke down again (bad clutch). I am a good driver and never had this problem with my previous cars. I am waiting for the wrecker to pick up the car and will be trading it asap.

good looking, fun to drive

By richardtait
on 06/16/14 17:30 PM (PDT)

I would suggest that you need to check the way you drive or better yet, check the quality of your parts and your mechanic. If you drive a manual car it is important that you learn to shift without the clutch. Though the manual transmission is by-and-large more reliable than the automatic transmission, they and their related parts can and do fail. When this happens you must protect yourself. Shifting without the clutch is easy and worth learning for moments such as these. Calling a wrecker because you have a failed clutch? Do better than that...