Decent car for the price
By adrian on
2006 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)
Not as refine as the new 07 Camry or Accord BUT for $2.5K less I can live with it. Car handles better than most in its class. I took it out on the twisties and it was like glue on the road (& I have the lower-end 16" with steel wheels). Gas so far so good. I'm still on my 1st tank and odometer is 365 miles. I figure I can push pass 400 miles easily with a full tank. Interior is about what you get for a $16K car. Not good not bad. Once I wear off the rubber (3 years maybe) I intend to put snow tires on the OEM wheels and get a "real" tire/wheel package for summer driving; then this car will look and handle even better!
Favorite Features
I got the base model with intention to put on some aftermarket parts on so there aren't many features I can talk about. I do like the fact that even the base model comes with keyless entry, 16" Michelins and dual exhaust.
Suggested Improvements
No MP3 compatibility, decent antenna (not cheap flimsy kind), better interior built quality, regular hand screw oil filters (not the old cartridge types), inability to turn off annoying beep when you don't put seat belt on, extremely loud BEEP when you lock the doors. TCS should be off by default.