Best bang for the buck
By Zak on
2006 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)
I've been a car man for decades. I love european and asian cars. However, There are some american cars that get my attention. I don't know how much Ford was involved with this car, but I'll say this. Look out Honda, Toyota, and Nissan. This car is quiet, smooth, feels solid, and well made. Did I mention a blast to drive? I've always loved hondas and respected Toyotas. But these products by mazda is getting my attention. I have had some minor warrenty work after 20,000 miles. A damaged or defective exhaust shield. A bad sensor and a bad battery. Really little stuff. Things that can go wrong on the most high end vehicles. Not concerned. Plus, I'm very abusive to cars, I drive hard!
Favorite Features
For the price a really nice interior. Great styling. Very roomy front and rear. No wasted space. Phenomenal handling. Very good build quality. Quiet and feels well refined. Firm suspension, but not abusive.
Suggested Improvements
I would like to see more umph from the engine. It's smooth and pulls well. But lacks the punch of the V-6 accord and Altima. Also I think with more power this would be a great rear drive car.