2006 Mazda 6 Consumer Review: A fun mid-size sedan

2006 Mazda 6 - Consumer Review

i Sport Sedan (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

A fun mid-size sedan
By Alex H. on

2006 Mazda 6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my 6 i Sport with AT for about a month now and so far it has been a very enjoyable car to drive. I like the design (both exterior and interior), which offers a sporty look. The sport package adds a lot of nice standard features. The Bose audio system is great, although the CD changer should've been MP3 compatible as a standard feature. I find that the AT tends to be a bit slow to downshift sometimes, but maybe it's just my style of driving. Overall it performs well and smooth. The interior is quiet and well laid out. I'm getting about 27mpg so far in mixed driving, but expect that to improve a bit.

Sport package looks. Bose audio system is great and the automatic volume adjustment is very convenient. Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob feel great.

MP3 capability in the CD changer. AUX input jack for iPod or such. Auto-retract /close feature on the sunroof. Daytime running lights.