2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Zoom-Zoom
By slickcitystan on 07/05/06 17:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car is an excellent example of automotive engineering at its best. It is fun to drive and drives like a much larger luxury car. It could use a little more horsepower, but the V6 and 6 speed AT performance is more than adequate. The braking is far better than any other car I've owned and the handling is superb. My last car was a Chrysler 300M and as much as I loved driving that car, I don't miss it when driving the 6. The styling, exterior and interior are both very cool and classy. Highway cruising is effortless and there seems to be plenty of power to pass even when cruising at 80.

Love this car!
By miltonw on 06/29/06 10:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car to replace a totaled 2002 Mustang. Love the roomy, quiet drive. Best part of the design is the radio controls on the steering wheel... always loved this on the Mazdas. Nice safety feature for a young driver. I give it a 9+. Good gas mileage because of the 4 cylinder yet still good performance (160 hp).

Quality Control not Mazda's top priority
By New Mazda owner on 06/18/06 18:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I custom ordered my Mazda6 Grand Sport and waited 3 months for it to arrive at the dealership. When I first saw it it didn't have the right 17" wheels I requested (even the Mazda Brochure shows the car can be ordered with 17" wheels), the paint on the hood had very noticeable streaks and overspray, and one of the tail pipe tips was totally mounted out of whack with the correctly mounted one.

A good college car...
By OUStudent on 06/13/06 21:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

This is a nice car to drive. It's quiet on the inside and rides almost as smooth as my mom's Lexus. I think that for the money you can't get a better car out there. I test drove many including the Scion, Honda, and Nissan. I liked the feel of the Mazda 6 the best. I have owned the car for about 6 months now and haven't even noticed a rattle. I would highly recommend this car to anyone.

No auto car wash + auto car cover only cons
By Suresh Nandiraju on 06/03/06 18:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have this car for a month now. The mileage right now I get is solid 30mpg (highway and city combined). I expect it to be even more when driven properly, not using the fun manual transmission (MT) and accelerating like crazy. MT is a blast in this mid size "sports" sedan. I was very much attracted towards the sporty look of this sedan. The drive is comfort. Brakes are awesome. And there is great acceleration when you need it. I recommend this over any other compact car that people may be buying especially when they are spending too much money on compact car. This car is not that big as other mid size sedans. It's the perfect size for people up to six and a half foot tall.

awesome car for the price
By Purranha on 06/01/06 16:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the car less than a week and am thrilled with it. Was not planning to replace my '01 Grand Am so soon, but was having weird electrical problems. Narrowed my choice to Acura, Mazda, or Honda. As soon as I test drove the 6, I knew I need not look any further. Its got more than the amount of toys I was expecting for the price. I love the way it handles, especially on the interstate. I have a long road trip coming up and can't wait to get out there and let my new baby show me its stuff! For once, I'm looking forward to the drive...lol.

Mazda6i Sport Auto
By RRB on 05/20/06 08:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Black with beige; 4 cylinder auto. Owned two months. Extra gear in 5 speed auto helps this engine a lot - very responsive with one or two aboard. Slower with 4, but acceptable. Engine a little noisy when pushed hard, but sounds good otherwise. Overall very satisfied, especially chassis, styling and comfort. Bose stereo is excellent. Michelins have low cornering limits - better with more air in front. Am getting 28.5 mpg every time in mixed driving. Very good steering and brakes. Excellent balance between ride and handling. Very quiet in highway cruise. Good price if you shop - almost $5k off sticker after $2k rebate, 500 financing and dealer discount. Compare before buying a 3Touring or S.

Very sporty/very nice
By Audiprof on 05/19/06 20:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Two kids in college took me downmarket from the Infiniti and Audi range but I'm not disappointed. Very smooth performance from the 6 speed auto which is well matched to the 6 cylinder engine. The S Sport model handles like a demon with very little body roll and is really a hoot to drive. Seating is supportive with a very good power driver's seat. Being over 50 I'm not crazy about the rear spoiler which smacks of "boy racer" but overall the styling is eye catching and sets itself apart from the plain vanilla of Camry and Accord. The ride is just a bit rough over bad pavement and expansion strips but overall this is a great car.

Decent car for the price
By adrian on 05/05/06 14:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Not as refine as the new 07 Camry or Accord BUT for $2.5K less I can live with it. Car handles better than most in its class. I took it out on the twisties and it was like glue on the road (& I have the lower-end 16" with steel wheels). Gas so far so good. I'm still on my 1st tank and odometer is 365 miles. I figure I can push pass 400 miles easily with a full tank. Interior is about what you get for a $16K car. Not good not bad. Once I wear off the rubber (3 years maybe) I intend to put snow tires on the OEM wheels and get a "real" tire/wheel package for summer driving; then this car will look and handle even better!

Happy New Owner
By kmaurer on 04/28/06 19:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Just purchased a Mazda6 i AT. There is plenty of power with the 4 cylinder (don't believe all the reviews), the engine is willing to "rev." Like the smaller size of the car (not as big as a CamCord). The new fabric in 06 is definitely much better than previous models, the 5-speed auto works well with the engine. Buying experience was OK, Mazdas are in hot demand in my area (UT). Overall, a satisfied Mazda owner!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.