2006 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Bang for the Bucks
By chgoride6 on 12/05/06 20:14 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I traded in an 04 6i so the S model was a wonderful step up. Great handling and acceleration; with the 6 speed "shiftable" sport auto trans. Nice dashboard, and features on this model with HID, 18" wheels and factory heated leather seats. Really nice dual storage compartment. Sad to see this model depart for 2007. Have had a few minor problems. #1) Driver's side lumbar support just broke and #2) front rotors warping for no apparent reason. Both issues being warrantied by selling dealer no questions. Nice car for mid $20's with all rebates.

Great Car / Great Value
By nycmoose on 11/09/06 20:14 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Handles like a sports car, especially on twisty country roads, FUN to drive and as comfortable as a big highway cruiser on long trips. My opinion: you don't need the V6; the 4 is sufficient and when you need to punch it it really takes off. Mileage from 23 to 29 mixed highway/city and with and without a/c. 4,700 miles and so far not a squeak, rattle or problem. Perfect size vehicle, plenty of room yet agile; can't beat the versatility of the hatch. Excellent driving position; very comfortable seats. Very quiet. Transmission nice and smooth. On the downside: bad rear over the shoulder blind spot; side mirrors don't retract (very bad for living in NYC); turning radius is annoying but not horrible.

love my 6
By rickpaul on 11/03/06 17:12 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

If you are looking for a sedan that will do everything well, this is the car. My 6s automatic is fast, agile, comfortable, and loaded with features. I have ridden people in it who own much more expensive cars, (Audi A4, Acura TL, BMW 3 series) and they can't believe how nice it was and how smooth and quiet it was while still being able to eat up an exit ramp. Because the car doesn't represent the least common denominator however, you can get rebates and incentives on it that make it a better deal than a Hyundai or a Mazda3. If you like to drive, and you can't afford a luxury marque, you absolutely cannot go wrong buying this car. Zoomzoom.

Shifty
By YT Cai on 10/24/06 11:47 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The Mazda6 is a well made car. It is tight, especially compared to the Malibu which was one of the loosest cars I test drove. It's still too early to tell, but I'm not sure if I like the 6 speed automatic transmission. Not being a sports car person it seems a bit shifty from start to 5th gear which doesn't take long to get there. I wouldn't recommend it for circumstances where a "family car" is desired. The Sonata seemed a little more appropriate in the same price range.

Not Bad, better than I thought
By QbanPete on 10/13/06 11:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I needed a vehicle to get to and from work, well the 6 does and then some. I find that I take the long way home through country backroads that have lots of hills and curves. Once I adapted to the "Semi-Manual" it's fun to keep the engine revving above 3500rpm. Keep the engine happy and it rewards you with a pleasant sound, considering it's a 4. Gas mileage has been around 26mpg, which I consider good since I tend to floor it. A lot!

My Mazda6
By Sue Mastel on 10/04/06 06:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I had one problem 4 days after I got it. The throttle casing had to be replaced. No fun trying to drive under 30 mph when in a 50 mph zone. Was fixed immediately, but had to drive it all the way back to the Mazda dealership, 2 hours away. Overall, I am very satisfied with how it runs now. Would recommend it to other potential buyers.

1st Mazda
By tan on 10/01/06 15:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

It was not my choice. I really wanted a charger. After driving it, I like the radio control on the steering wheel. It will save me on gas. The seats are comfortable, and the car can get up and go.

Fast and Furious
By Robert on 09/27/06 22:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned a lot of cars, including Ferrari, Porsche, Corvette. I test drove Toyota Camry and Avalon, Volkswagen Passat, Hyundai Sonata and Azera, and Mazda 6, Speed6, and CX7 ( 2006s & 2007s). I got this car new for $7,000.00 under list. Nice handling, comfortable ride for four people, good looking, good sized trunk, first tank of gas returned 19.5 mpg in mostly city driving, and fun to drive. Quality build and materials inside and out. No problems so far. I love this car.

Sporty.....but a letdown
By Kevin Kells on 09/21/06 16:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned the Mazda6 since March now and put over 9,000 miles on it so far. It's a nice, sporty looking sedan but It needs some improvements. The engine sounds nice but in terms of power, it's lacking. At 215hp stock, i am getting smoked by Accords, Camrys and other sedans. The car handles good, but the turning radius is horrible and the suspension will rattle your teeth when the road is bumpy. Front interior is roomy, but rear is very small. Gauges look nice but the dark lettering and colors could be hard to read sometimes at night. Interior feels cheap too. Overall it's a decent buy, but for the money you can spend $3-4k more and get a Passat or a SE Camry.

V6 to 4 cylinder
By Pippi on 09/17/06 19:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in a 1999 Mercury Cougar for this car after my brother was in a terrible wreck and lost a friend so I wanted it for safety! I love having all the airbags and the cage I feel soo much better driving. This car is amazing, it has the same pep as my Cougar but much better gas mileage (about 27 in the city). I went looking at a Highlander Hybrid or Mariner Hybrid but ended up with a luxurious roomy and comfy sedan for much less, plus the Mazda people were amazing.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.