Used 2006 Mazda 6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Best car I have owned
By Mr. S

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have looked at these cars since 2003 when the new model line came out. I am glad I waited this 2006 model is great. Plenty of power for what I need. Plenty of room and what can I say about the looks - wow! I got about everything that can come with it, except leather. Also it has a very comfortable ride for a car of its size.

Favorite Features

Seats, manual transmission, Bose stereo, sun roof, spoiler, color (dark red), deep tone exhaust for a 4 cyl.

Suggested Improvements

This is very petty, but individual coin holders would be nice.

I love my 6
By puff

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased a Mazda3 then 2 months later was happy but wanted a larger vehicle so we got the 6. I previously owned a Ford Mustang with manual transmission. With a move to a busy city I needed something that didn't required pushing a clutch constantly. The 6 gave me the best of both worlds, manual and automatic transmission without the clutch!

Favorite Features

Audio controls on steering wheel, luxury feeling fabric on seats, traction control. Bose stereo system.

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius is awful! Can't say how many times I have had to reverse and retry to get into a normal sized parking spot. Sunroof rattles unless visor is closed. Probably comes with the 2007 models but I wish it had 6 cd player with MP3.

A different kind of breed
By Tru Tone

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan s Grand Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Everyone looks at it, says it's nice and people love the color; they say it looks rich. I love it, it's very sporty, it handles superbly through Los Angeles crest highway. I finished in first place in a novice class at the local autocross event taking on Suburu WRX wagon, Suburu Impreza STI and a couple of 240 SXs. The exterior design reminds me of Audi S4 model.

Favorite Features

My HID headlights, black housing tail lights and those 18" factory wheels.

Suggested Improvements

POWER, we need more power! the Nissan 300zx back in 1990 had 220hp out of a 3 liter V6 ,whats taking mazda so long to catch up?! Still, the engine is very very potent.

I really like the 2006 Mazda 6i, but....
By miatasportscar

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car is the second one, the first was a 2003 Mazda 6i with a 5 speed. I like the new automatic much better on this 2006, smooth as silk, and you can shift it manually if you want to. Build quality is great with exception of a buzzing noise from under the right front of the car at 65 mph. I suspect improper under panel or shield is not right. Seems wind related, as it only does it at speed. Gas mileage is great, about 32 mpg on 87 octane. It performs like a sports sedan should, taut, very responsive for a 4 cyl. Drives better than my wife's Camry! Doesn't even compare, this car HANDLES! Front rotors are shot at 18,000 miles, being replaced under warranty. Nice car anyway!

Favorite Features

The handling is superb, brakes are great (but rotors warped at 18,000 mi!). Transmission is a real good feature, you can shift the automatic, manually. Very nice feature for spirited driving on hilly roads.

Suggested Improvements

The release clasp on the left side to release the seatback is sluggish, as it was on my '03. I suspect it needs some adjustment. The front bumper facia is very flimsy attached. It wobbles and shakes, need better quality control on this body panel. Front cornering lamps would be a nice added feature.

Oh So Sweet
By RINO48

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had this for a week and I absolutely love it. I have had more comments on this car than any other car I have ever owned. Even old girl friends are coming out of the woodwork.

Favorite Features

Two-toned interior, slick exterior, power, handling is very responsive, not a bumpy ride, drives like a $40,000 car, rims, windows roll down with a few clicks of the keyless entery, manual AND automatic transmission, super-smooth shifting.

Suggested Improvements

Stereo is not the greatest, seats can be uncomfortable at times, no automatic lights, no folding mirrors,