2006 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Great Sports Sedan
By Michtom on 02/14/07 19:01 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had this car for 6 months now, and am still loving it. I wanted something sporting/fun to drive with great acceleration and handling, but needed 4 doors and room for 4 kids. In the Mazda6, I got a sweet revving V6 engine (Ford Duratec) with a manual transmission - a combo that is getting hard to find in a midsize sedan. Handling is great - flat cornering, quick steering and excellent braking. The ride is firm but not harsh. I still smile every time I get an open twisty road in front of me. Also has well laid-out interior, good size trunk, comfortable & supportive seats, great stereo, and looks great. I looked for a used one, but they hold their value so well I decided to buy a new one.

New 2006 Mazda 6 needs new motor
By jefles on 01/25/07 10:09 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

The car started a tapping noise from the motor at 2000 miles. The dealer tried to say it was normal. The dealer has now ordered a new engine from Mazda due to defects at 6000 miles. Buy Honda or Toyota.

ZOOM-ZOOM
By Bob on 01/23/07 01:59 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I never expected the Mazda6s sports sedan to be so much fun to drive! We have 3 vehicles and 2 drivers in the family. Everyone likes to drive and ride in the sporty sedan. It's very comfortable with the new for 2006 interior. I'm not a young person having been driving for 40 years. I've been a car and motorcycle enthusiast for nearly my whole life. I've owned cars such as a Corvette, a Porsche, and traded in a 2004 GTO on the Mazda6s sports sedan. This has to be the most fun car to drive that I've ever owned! Even my picky adult daughter who wanted another sports coupe bought a 6s identical to ours except for the exterior color after looking at every car in its class. FUN! FUN! FUN!

Lot of road noise
By Rob on 01/21/07 07:59 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

There certainly is a lot of road noise. I even took my 06 in for a front-end alignment and tire rebalancing at less than 3000 miles. Unfortunately, it was to no avail. Perhaps the factory 18" Bridgestone tires are the cause. I don't know.

little disappointed
By valley on 01/04/07 06:31 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The car looks are great, however I have had it in the shop a few times. I think the seats are the poorest quality I have ever seen in a car. I have had my Mazda since July of 06 and the front seats looks so worn, they are awful. The gas mileage is not as good as they say either. The car is not too comfortable, I wish I could have had a 30 day money back/trade in because it would be gone. Like I said the looks are great, but they need to improve on some quality issues...interior is very cheap...the lumbar on driver's seat has already broken.

sweet car
By Bill on 12/31/06 21:55 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I searched for the right car and was looking at the 6 and a Civic, my sister has a Civic, and my Mazda6 beats the Civic hands down in style, look and interior, as well as the drive. The color, bright island blue, is an eye catcher and all the features are more than enough.

Fun to Drive
By Catherine on 12/30/06 17:12 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Car is fun to drive, plenty of power, brakes are right there, handling fun to corner with, and sluggish start but kicks right in. I like the manual transmission option. Front seats and trunk is spacious. Easy to get in and out of the car. Gas mileage is exactly as quoted, as long as you don't drive it with heavy foot. Doesn't have OEM mudflaps for it. Steering wheel has plenty of adjustment, up, down, in, and out.

Best Car I Have Ever Owned!
By Christy T. on 12/29/06 19:13 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have just bought this car a few days ago but I have already figured out that I made a good choice. I was looking for a car to keep and not keep trading every few years. I think I have found it in the Mazda6. I like the handling, equipment, styling, roominess. I have the 2.3l 5speed.

Fun and practical
By RAHanson on 12/24/06 17:05 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Sport 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I wanted a fun-to-drive station wagon as an alternative to an SUV. The Mazda 6s met the mark. The manual transmission is great--very smooth clutch, quick response (much better than automatic). It holds the road well. It has plenty of cargo room. Unlike some other wagons, the back seat folds completely flat--this is great, especially for transporting animals.

Fuel Consumption
By 2006 Mazda MAZDA6 on 12/14/06 09:10 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Sport 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Nice car, poor fuel consumption (13-16 MPG, city). Dealer unable to find any problem. Non aggressive driver averaged 20-22 MPG, same conditions) with 3 previous Taurus wagons.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.