Used 2006 Mazda 6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Best bang for the buck
By Zak

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've been a car man for decades. I love european and asian cars. However, There are some american cars that get my attention. I don't know how much Ford was involved with this car, but I'll say this. Look out Honda, Toyota, and Nissan. This car is quiet, smooth, feels solid, and well made. Did I mention a blast to drive? I've always loved hondas and respected Toyotas. But these products by mazda is getting my attention. I have had some minor warrenty work after 20,000 miles. A damaged or defective exhaust shield. A bad sensor and a bad battery. Really little stuff. Things that can go wrong on the most high end vehicles. Not concerned. Plus, I'm very abusive to cars, I drive hard!

For the price a really nice interior. Great styling. Very roomy front and rear. No wasted space. Phenomenal handling. Very good build quality. Quiet and feels well refined. Firm suspension, but not abusive.

I would like to see more umph from the engine. It's smooth and pulls well. But lacks the punch of the V-6 accord and Altima. Also I think with more power this would be a great rear drive car.

Great mid size car
By cchristina79

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2006 Mazda6 i and have owned it for a little over two years now. I am very happy with this car's performance and looks. I have received many compliments at work on the exterior paint and design. Definitely an eye catcher. One thing I do not like in regards to the Mazda6 is the cloth interior. It is very cheap and wears a lot (especially for a model that is not low end for Mazda). The Mazda 3 even has better interior than the 6. I have already had the cloth seats redone under warranty and they have worn out again.

Sparkly paint, sport grille.

Different material for interior cloth like neoprene.

This car fits me like a glove
By evoxpisces

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used about a month ago, and I don't think I could've been happier with my purchase. It's a car you don't see on the road often, which is unfortunate because they are great cars. As soon as I sat in the driver's seat I knew this was my car. The handling is so smooth, the seats are incredibly comfortable, and there's a good amount of room inside. The other day I was traveling at 70 mph...didn't even realize it. That's how smooth it is. Didn't feel a single bump in the road. The exterior is beautiful, as is the interior. If I had to complain about anything, the gas mileage is just so-so. However, I wouldn't take any other car on the road over this one.

Smooth handling, exterior, interior, BOSE stereo, great pick-up for a 4-cyl...EVERYTHING!

The lumbar support was broken when I bought it but it was covered under the manufacturer's warranty, not a big deal. Also, for gas mileage I get about 16 mpg, though it's 90% city driving.

Facing Same Problems As Many Others.
By Faultless

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Mazda6s Grand touring in Dec. of 07 used but still under factory 36k bumper to bumper with 33k miles on it. I've now had the car for 5 weeks and it's already back at the dealer with a blown engine. "Low oil conditions." Check your oil check it often these cars use it burn it I don't know they make oil disappear. The dealer tried to tell me the last person to do my oil change was to blame and I quickly responded with "well that would be you."

Bose stereo, leather, heated seats, six speed "tiptronic transmission", great handling just a blast to drive.

It does lack a bit on the performance side but what can you expect from a 4500lbs car with a v6 and apparently the car eats engines for breakfast.

Best Commuter Car I've Ever Owned
By avelectro

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan s Grand Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My previous car, a Mercedes C220 purchased new in 1996, was a great car but this 6s Grand Sport is way better for around town commuting. The climate controls are very easy to use, HID headlights are a big plus, and the V6 is so smooth I have found myself driving in manual mode wondering which nearby car is making the high-rpm noise. It really is that smooth. My daily commute burns fuel at a 28 to 30 mpg rate, depending on the weather (A/C on or sunroof open). I drive conservatively, keep the tires at 40 psi and the six-speed automatic shifts into high gear at 42 mph, all of which gives much better mpg than I expected. Highway mileage is unknown - I've only driven it in metro Phoenix.

Instrument's red lighting, outstanding fuel efficiency, sharp handling, good power, solid body feel.

Side-mounted turn signals (like the MazdaSpeed 6), one-touch sunroof, extendable visors to cover side glass better.