Used 2006 Mazda 6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mazda 6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Fun when it isn't in the shop
By Ashires

2006 Mazda 6 s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I was so excited when I got my Mazda 6 because I had wanted one for a while, but within 2 days of buying it I had it back in the shop because the windows had rolled themselves down. The dealership told me basically that that didn't happen until I had to take the car back in months later because the windows rolled up & down by themselves, the lights wouldn't go off unless the battery was unhooked and the horn would blow (with no one in the car). Finally the whole thing was all sorted out, but now there are even more problems. I have taken it in 3 times in the last 3 months for problems with the transmission and engine light being on. My warranty will be up in 4000 miles and I am trading it in.

Handling, fun to drive, pick up, trunk space, sleek attractive design.

Seats could be more cushy and comfortable.

Very small, fun, hard to customize radio
By Clinton70

2006 Mazda 6 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had this car briefly. It's fun to drive and didn't have problems in the 5 months I had it. It was small though. The radio stunk as it didn't play mp3 discs and didn't have an aux input. It would've been almost $500 to upgrade to aftermarket because of a trim panel connected to the climate is $200. The ride was nice, the steering sporty, and gas mileage is good for the highway and mediocre for city. Good power.

Power. Highway mileage. Factory wheels. Hatchback. Dashboard. Sporty design in and out. Paint color selection. Auto climate control. Automatic shifter with manual controls. Face/look of the radio (just not the sound and lack of technology).

Please make your own sporty engine instead of borrowing from boring Ford. More room. Better radio. Better sound out of the radio. City mileage. Back legroom. Trunk size. Better cloth interior quality.

Zoom-Zoom
By Monkyc

2006 Mazda 6 i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Amazing family sedan that handles better than a BMW 3 series. Great acceleration from the 4 cyl 5 spd. Absolutely no problems in two and a half years over 36,000 miles.

handling!

larger interior

Fun to drive, but not fun to fix
By aperion05

2006 Mazda 6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I got my Mazda 6 brand new a little over 2 years ago. I love this car. It's fast, handles great, comfortable, looks great, and I love the Bose stereo. Mazda has, however, really let me down. This car has been in the shop for warranty repairs six times! I've had problems with the fuel pump, transmission, A/C and even the key fob. I'm so torn. I love the car, and have unfortunately gotten to try others as rentals, but it is a huge hassle to keep getting repairs. When the warranty expires I don't know if I'll be able to afford such big repairs. I've even met other people that had the same car and had the same problems. Overall, don't buy this year, and beware of other years.

performance, look, stereo

build it so that it doesn't break down constantly!

Sporty,comfort,convience
By aussie chicago

2006 Mazda 6 s Grand Sport 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I recently traded a 97 outback, began looking for something sportier, more comfortable, with convenience of space, initially was looking at a newer outback, decided on the 6 hatch. Just had to be patient to find the right one, which took about 4 months. I didn't really need the fully optioned g/s, but I did want the Bose and sunroof, glad I did, feels very comfortable on long drives, power of the v6 is acceptable, handles very well, steering is perfect, love the space of the hatch with seats down, HIDs are nice, economy is not great but not horrible 19 cty, 27 hwy, just love the sporty style. Haven't had any problems at all.

Xenon lights, steer/audio controls, convenience of hatch, handling/driver input feel, comfort on long distance, stylish exterior, nav easy to use, 6 sp auto very smooth, 1 touch auto up/down windows with auto down from remote (nice in summer) quiet ride, little road noise, retractable key fob.

Better finish with materials in interior, leather feels a little cheap, need 1 touch sunroof opening, Bose system ok, not as good as the stock system in my 07 legacy, better vision in rear, difficult to judge back of car when parking, poor turning circle, heat coming through air vents on fresh.