2006 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Don't overlook Mazda
By Zak on 04/19/07 21:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Grip, a fist full. Punch this car in the mouth and it takes it. I drive hard. It takes it as well as any honda or toyota. Yes I did have a cracked pre-cat to fix at 4000 miles but nothing is perfect. these things happen. The warranty took care of it. When you get a new car, drive her hard. Get the kinks out. I'm extremely pleased. 9000 miles so far.

Worthy of the best of the best crown
By couleeman on 04/19/07 11:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I'm now on my fourth Mazda6, and after over 100K miles collectively, this car fits me like my favorite pair of jeans. This latest version is an 06 Sport V6 manual sedan with only the Sunroof/Bose pkg. This car is loaded with convenience, utility, style, comfort, competence, and efficiency. It's equally at home in city traffic or in the backcountry and is deceptively fast and always under control (unless you are doing something profoundly stupid!). All of this probably sounds like gushing but keep in mind, my car sold for <20K brand new- EXCEPTIONAL VALUE! Ive left home to buy BMW 325 but each time, I've come home with a new Mazda6. No regrets, no problems, a sincere thank you Mazda!

Great Car, Great Price
By Dano on 03/19/07 08:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This was a leftover 2006 that we were able to get at $9000 off MSRP. We traded in a 2006 Civic LX that had a lot of 1st year production problems. This car is definitely the class leader in the looks and fun to drive category. The Accord and Camry have low quality interiors and the exteriors do not grab your attention like the MAZDA6. Our car's color is Pebble Ash, a pearlish green/silver. I have noticed these types of colors have mis-matched bumpers on many Acuras, Hondas, Toyotas. The Mazda's is perfect!

Very nice car with minor flaws.
By Daniel K. P. on 03/17/07 19:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Sport 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've only had the car for 6 weeks. So far I consider it a good buy. I will mention the flaws, and anything else I'm happy with. The car doesn't have enough insulation to keep out surrounding noise. The turning radius in the car is too wide, which is odd. I mean, why? The lumbar support on the driver's seat has already broken. When stepping hard on the gas to pass on the highway the engine drops down to 2nd gear and the tachometer comes very close to the red line. The gas mileage is not as advertised, although I've been told by a knowledgeable friend that it will probably increase in time with engine break-in. The seats are somewhat uncomfortable after sitting in them a while.

Great Car, think I got a lemon!
By The Mazda 6 Fan on 03/14/07 19:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Researched two years prior to buying. Handles like a BMW 3 series, but not close to the hp of one. Never enjoyed driving a car this much before. It tackles corners perfectly, gets good gas mileage, and looks spectacular. Overall a great car but I've it in for service at least 6 times over the 9 months I've owned it. Nothing major, just this annoying tweedle noise from under the car that they couldn't find. This last time I think they fixed the problem. They had to replace the catalyst converter.

Mazda6 Wagon a great buy!
By BigO on 03/14/07 10:35 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Sport 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great alternative to SUV and not very common. I'm 6'4 and 260 so seating in front is ample. I've got the Grand Sport and it's a great value for it's class. Fuel economy could be better. Love the pet barrier. Nice interior/exterior lighting. I'm very happy even though I only have 7,000 miles on it.

Grand Sport
By dano100 on 03/05/07 10:54 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Just purchased 2 days ago after trading in an '06 Civic (that had many issues) and am extremely impressed with this car. It was a leftover '06 that I got for almost $9000 off. It is not the fastest in its segment but handles better than anything in its class. And I know about handling (previous cars: Toyota Supra, Nissan 300ZX, Miata, Honda S2000, an Acura CL and TL). I just can't get over how cheap the interiors are getting on most of the mainstream cars today. The quality of the materials Mazda still puts in the 6 is to be applauded. My only concern about this car is the durability of the engine, being a Ford block, but only time will tell. Right now at $9000 off this is the best car for the money.

You have to love the Zoom Zoom
By Aaron on 03/03/07 16:53 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Amazing car. Responsive, agile, and fun to drive - stock. I have gotten numerous comments on the car, at the bank, grocery store, etc. Its distinctive styling and acceleration make this a car to be proud of wherever you go. You really have to watch your speed in this car. I have found myself creep up to 90+ on the freeway without noticing it. After owning my Mazda6 only 18 days, I was struck from behind while sitting at a stoplight. The other driver hit us at 50 mph. Our Mazda held up amazingly well with relatively minor damage considering the impact - and no frame damage!

Best car ever
By tom chandler on 03/02/07 20:03 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Throughly satisfied with this vehicle. Have 4k miles and I have no problems so far. Very fast with the V6 and a nice throaty sound when the pedal is down...otherwise very quiet. Comfortable seating and powerful headlights. Only negative are the controls for the heater/ac are too complicated and should go back to manual dials rather than the digital readout. The 17" tires/rims are sharp. Get many compliments on the sporty style - looks like a sports car but has the 4 doors for convenience.

Easy Decision
By Lammy on 02/20/07 15:43 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Sport 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I was planning to purchase a Subaru Legacy and just wanted a car to compare with. 10 minutes in the Mazda and the Subaru was history. Looks and drives great with the added versatility of a hatchback.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.