2006 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Mazda6 5 doors beats Accord and Camry
By martin on 01/14/06 21:00 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The new 2006 Mazda 6 is lot better than 2005; the seats are better, lateral support is superior, interior is quieter, suspension has been tuned and bushings have been replaced, the front disk are bigger, less fade, electronic height adjustable xenon light is a plus, the front nose, the skirt and the rear lights look more serious. Sure it would use 30hp more, but 0-60 in 8.2 seconds is quite good for a car that does 40mpg. The subwoofer from the Bose system could be better. Overall, for $30g, what car offers you volume, super big trunk with the biggest opening and an interior comparable to BMW, Lexus. I had 18 cars in my life, for the money, this is the best. The road handling is marvelous.

My Mazda6
By Anthony on 12/07/05 23:42 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've only owned my Mazda6 for about a month. Drove from San Diego to Las Vegas for Thanksgiving and sat in traffic and still got excellent gas mileage. Can't wait to put an aftermarket intake and exhaust on it once they start making them for the '06 models. My, my what fun that'll be. Also, I love the fact that I can switch from automatic to auto/manual to get some more power if need be. Thanks Mazda for a well engineered and affordable Sport Sedan.

Zoom zoom, with a good price
By Charlie5 on 12/05/05 19:24 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my black 2006 Sport i 4 door for quite a good price with some hard bargaining. It is a fun drive to say the least. Took it on some mountain roads, and its low stiff suspension was a blast to drive. The Triptronic transmission that comes with the 5-speed auto is fun to drive. The car shifts through the first 2 gears real fast, and in its 5th gear overdrive, it's smooth and quiet. It's quiet overall, and feels much more solid around turns compared to the Accord I tried. It hugs the road and is well balanced. Even at 160hp it is still accelerates fast and takes over other cars on the highway with ease, and fun.

My Mazda
By Wally Coolidge on 11/24/05 11:40 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I only have 1600 miles on my vehicle at this time. I have found my Mazda to be efficient on gas, easy to handle and it appears at this time to stand up to all advertised statements pertaining to this particular vehicle.

Fresh 2006 model is FUN!
By Buffalo Bob on 11/08/05 16:10 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Mazda did an excellent job with the freshening of the 2006 Mazda6s sports package. Last year's model had a cheaper quality interior and a 6 speed auto transmission that didn't shift too well. Mazda has issued a TSB for 2005 models engine hesitation. We drove the '05 and '06 models back to back. The '06 is much more responsive with no more throttle lag. The fuel economy appears to be better too. We have been averaging 24mpg with the V6. The 6s is like Mazda improved on all of the minor complaints of earlier model owners. We compared it to all of the other cars in its class and it fit our style perfectly. My daughter was looking for a new coupe, but bought herself a new Mazda6s after driving ours!

Great fun, great value
By Jimmy on 11/08/05 13:11 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

A low priced car, the 5 speed 160 HP engine is well matched to the gearbox. Quick acceleration, good handling, decent top end for a car that cost less the $20K. Nice looking, though silver is bland at best. Like the rear end appearance but the front end has a cheesy pseudo-chrome strip over the grill I don't like. I've had it for a year - no problems to speak of. Though the kick panel fuse box cover is a poor design. Compared with the Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla and the Mazda 6 was bigger, more powerful, roomier and more fun than the other two.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.