Used 2006 Mazda 6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mazda 6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Great Sports Sedan
By Michtom

2006 Mazda 6 s Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had this car for 6 months now, and am still loving it. I wanted something sporting/fun to drive with great acceleration and handling, but needed 4 doors and room for 4 kids. In the Mazda6, I got a sweet revving V6 engine (Ford Duratec) with a manual transmission - a combo that is getting hard to find in a midsize sedan. Handling is great - flat cornering, quick steering and excellent braking. The ride is firm but not harsh. I still smile every time I get an open twisty road in front of me. Also has well laid-out interior, good size trunk, comfortable & supportive seats, great stereo, and looks great. I looked for a used one, but they hold their value so well I decided to buy a new one.

Remote window express down (from key fob), rear seat fold-down levers at back of trunk (no bending/reaching), intuitive & well laid out interior. Very fun to drive, with subtle good looks that make me look back at it every time I walk away. Low sale price (good rebates), and great resale value.

Nothing comes to mind.

New 2006 Mazda 6 needs new motor
By jefles

2006 Mazda 6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

The car started a tapping noise from the motor at 2000 miles. The dealer tried to say it was normal. The dealer has now ordered a new engine from Mazda due to defects at 6000 miles. Buy Honda or Toyota.

Buy the car back and make it right for the consumer.

ZOOM-ZOOM
By Bob

2006 Mazda 6 s Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I never expected the Mazda6s sports sedan to be so much fun to drive! We have 3 vehicles and 2 drivers in the family. Everyone likes to drive and ride in the sporty sedan. It's very comfortable with the new for 2006 interior. I'm not a young person having been driving for 40 years. I've been a car and motorcycle enthusiast for nearly my whole life. I've owned cars such as a Corvette, a Porsche, and traded in a 2004 GTO on the Mazda6s sports sedan. This has to be the most fun car to drive that I've ever owned! Even my picky adult daughter who wanted another sports coupe bought a 6s identical to ours except for the exterior color after looking at every car in its class. FUN! FUN! FUN!

Six speed auto tranny can be left to shift on its own or shifted manually with a paddle shifter for more spirited driving. Great handling! Auto climate control. 4 year 48K mile bumper to bumper warranty, but haven't needed it. All air bags are standard equipment. Power seat, tilt/telescopic wheel.

Hmmm...hard to think of any.

Lot of road noise
By Rob

2006 Mazda 6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

There certainly is a lot of road noise. I even took my 06 in for a front-end alignment and tire rebalancing at less than 3000 miles. Unfortunately, it was to no avail. Perhaps the factory 18" Bridgestone tires are the cause. I don't know.

Style.

More insulation to deaden the road noise.

little disappointed
By valley

2006 Mazda 6 i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The car looks are great, however I have had it in the shop a few times. I think the seats are the poorest quality I have ever seen in a car. I have had my Mazda since July of 06 and the front seats looks so worn, they are awful. The gas mileage is not as good as they say either. The car is not too comfortable, I wish I could have had a 30 day money back/trade in because it would be gone. Like I said the looks are great, but they need to improve on some quality issues...interior is very cheap...the lumbar on driver's seat has already broken.

The look of the car and it does have good pick up for a 4 cylinder. The red lighting on dash is also nice.

Get a new material for the cloth seats.