2006 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Happy New Owner
By kmaurer on 04/28/06 19:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Just purchased a Mazda6 i AT. There is plenty of power with the 4 cylinder (don't believe all the reviews), the engine is willing to "rev." Like the smaller size of the car (not as big as a CamCord). The new fabric in 06 is definitely much better than previous models, the 5-speed auto works well with the engine. Buying experience was OK, Mazdas are in hot demand in my area (UT). Overall, a satisfied Mazda owner!

A fun mid-size sedan
By Alex H. on 04/19/06 08:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my 6 i Sport with AT for about a month now and so far it has been a very enjoyable car to drive. I like the design (both exterior and interior), which offers a sporty look. The sport package adds a lot of nice standard features. The Bose audio system is great, although the CD changer should've been MP3 compatible as a standard feature. I find that the AT tends to be a bit slow to downshift sometimes, but maybe it's just my style of driving. Overall it performs well and smooth. The interior is quiet and well laid out. I'm getting about 27mpg so far in mixed driving, but expect that to improve a bit.

Mazda6
By Jason on 03/13/06 11:19 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the car 6 months and have been very pleased with my purchase. Its traction and control are excellent. I really enjoy the extra power when I need it, since I do a lot of Interstate travel. I have been getting consistently around 28 MPG. The large trunk is very nice, because I can put my golf bag in it and still have plenty of room. All in all I would highly recommend it.

Fun Car to Drive
By Indyowner on 03/02/06 15:10 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is a fun car to drive, and it is reliable too! This car is especially fun on the highway. Just take it on an on ramp and you will know what I mean. The turning radius stinks because of wheel base, but that makes it handle better on long turns. I have the 5 speed automatic. They sell these for less than the Accords. Everyone told me to buy a Honda for the reliability, but I already know from experience that Honda's break down too (I own an older Accord). My advice, test drive it and see if you can get past the short turning radius. If you can, you will love to drive this car as it is a solid performer.

ZOOMIN
By Larry Smyth on 02/27/06 19:24 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

A tight, down to earth car with great road handling capabilities. The transmission is smooth, plenty of power under the hood and I love the 18 inch wheels and low profile Pirellis. What a great bang for the buck!

Make Mine a Mazda
By Howard Hanson on 02/21/06 22:36 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Very fun to drive on highway or side road. Handles very well. Suspension provides very smooth turns and makes the petty 4 cylinder easy to control. My preference for a responsive ride is satisfied with the Mazda6. Mazda engineers provide an interesting gear ratio/shifting in our automatic that gets the most out of the 4 cylinder.

Zoom-Zoom is only half the story
By tidebelle on 02/19/06 12:48 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I traded my '02 Protege5 for my new 6i (standard model, no extra bells and whistles but very well equipped). The Protege5 was an awesome little car, and I actually miss it at times. I've only had the 6 for a few months and I really do like the get-up-and-go. It's a really smooth ride, quiet, and easy on the eyes. I don't like the cup holder placement and am not happy about there being no ash tray or lighter. Not even the option to purchase. The turn radius isn't as sharp as I'd like it to be, but overall, so far, I'm happy with my choice. Mazda has a great warranty. If you're searching for classy style, power and great gas mileage, search no more...Mazda6 is the one!

Mazda 6 - Fun to drive!
By Lou on 02/15/06 14:17 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had a Mazda6 for a little more than a year. I've been pleased to say the least. I have the Bose sound system, the spoiler, the sun roof and all the extras and it's the Sonic Blue colored vehicle. The car has the pick up and go you'd expect from a sports car and had the comfort and reliability you'd come to expect from any automobile. The car is quiet, drives well, has great pickup and a sleek look. Definitely a fun car to drive no matter how far your going!

Mazda6 is Great Value
By Mary on 01/30/06 16:10 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Sport 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I did extensive comparisons. I don't like driving a car that everybody else in the parking lot has. My Mazda in ash metallic can be found easily in the sea of cars. It would have been easy to spend another $8K or more on Audi A4 wagon, but I can use the difference for some nice trips. I haven't had a chance to try it on any of the big hills here yet in San Francisco though.

no longer boring
By brian06 on 01/26/06 22:06 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have recently purchased my first sedan and coming from a truck person (Ford) I must admit it has been an easy transition. From the test drive to parking it at my home I have finally realized that driving can be more than an obligation. The Mazda6 handles like a dream and the attention to detail for this build is above the standards that I have always looked for. Only faults of this car would be the stereo for it is not much in the astonishing sounds department so replacing the stock speakers will be a task for the near future. Overall, I am completely satisfied with my purchase and would recommend this car to anyone in the market for a new vehicle. An excellent buy for the dollar!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.