Used 2006 Mazda Mazda6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:

Mazda6 Wagon a great buy!
By BigO

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Sport 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great alternative to SUV and not very common. I'm 6'4 and 260 so seating in front is ample. I've got the Grand Sport and it's a great value for it's class. Fuel economy could be better. Love the pet barrier. Nice interior/exterior lighting. I'm very happy even though I only have 7,000 miles on it.

Favorite Features

Overall driver comfort and utility of the vehicle. Good in snow as well. Toasty seat heaters. Auto up windows and remote window operation. Great 6- speed auto transmission, very smooth shifting. Cool key fob too.

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel economy or bump up the horsepower. The security system should beep instead of the horn tooting when armed.

Grand Sport
By dano100

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Just purchased 2 days ago after trading in an '06 Civic (that had many issues) and am extremely impressed with this car. It was a leftover '06 that I got for almost $9000 off. It is not the fastest in its segment but handles better than anything in its class. And I know about handling (previous cars: Toyota Supra, Nissan 300ZX, Miata, Honda S2000, an Acura CL and TL). I just can't get over how cheap the interiors are getting on most of the mainstream cars today. The quality of the materials Mazda still puts in the 6 is to be applauded. My only concern about this car is the durability of the engine, being a Ford block, but only time will tell. Right now at $9000 off this is the best car for the money.

Favorite Features

Handling, HID headlights, Bose/Sirius audio, 18" wheels.

Suggested Improvements

Power passenger seat, memory seat/mirrors, more interior room.

You have to love the Zoom Zoom
By Aaron

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Amazing car. Responsive, agile, and fun to drive - stock. I have gotten numerous comments on the car, at the bank, grocery store, etc. Its distinctive styling and acceleration make this a car to be proud of wherever you go. You really have to watch your speed in this car. I have found myself creep up to 90+ on the freeway without noticing it. After owning my Mazda6 only 18 days, I was struck from behind while sitting at a stoplight. The other driver hit us at 50 mph. Our Mazda held up amazingly well with relatively minor damage considering the impact - and no frame damage!

Favorite Features

Styling, Zoom Zoom - that knowledge when you start at the bottom of the onramp, even if it's a steep uphill, you'll be at freeway speed in a blink.

Suggested Improvements

Rear defroster turns off after short period - well before the ice melts off.

Best car ever
By tom chandler

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Throughly satisfied with this vehicle. Have 4k miles and I have no problems so far. Very fast with the V6 and a nice throaty sound when the pedal is down...otherwise very quiet. Comfortable seating and powerful headlights. Only negative are the controls for the heater/ac are too complicated and should go back to manual dials rather than the digital readout. The 17" tires/rims are sharp. Get many compliments on the sporty style - looks like a sports car but has the 4 doors for convenience.

Favorite Features

Sports car appearance at a VERY reasonable price.

Suggested Improvements

Simplify the heater/ac controls.

Easy Decision
By Lammy

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Sport 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I was planning to purchase a Subaru Legacy and just wanted a car to compare with. 10 minutes in the Mazda and the Subaru was history. Looks and drives great with the added versatility of a hatchback.

Favorite Features

Much more rear leg room than comparable Subaru. Great interior quality and features.

Suggested Improvements

Wide turning radius can make parking a chore.