Used 2006 Mazda 6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

ZOOM-ZOOM
By Bob

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I never expected the Mazda6s sports sedan to be so much fun to drive! We have 3 vehicles and 2 drivers in the family. Everyone likes to drive and ride in the sporty sedan. It's very comfortable with the new for 2006 interior. I'm not a young person having been driving for 40 years. I've been a car and motorcycle enthusiast for nearly my whole life. I've owned cars such as a Corvette, a Porsche, and traded in a 2004 GTO on the Mazda6s sports sedan. This has to be the most fun car to drive that I've ever owned! Even my picky adult daughter who wanted another sports coupe bought a 6s identical to ours except for the exterior color after looking at every car in its class. FUN! FUN! FUN!

Six speed auto tranny can be left to shift on its own or shifted manually with a paddle shifter for more spirited driving. Great handling! Auto climate control. 4 year 48K mile bumper to bumper warranty, but haven't needed it. All air bags are standard equipment. Power seat, tilt/telescopic wheel.

Hmmm...hard to think of any.

Lot of road noise
By Rob

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

There certainly is a lot of road noise. I even took my 06 in for a front-end alignment and tire rebalancing at less than 3000 miles. Unfortunately, it was to no avail. Perhaps the factory 18" Bridgestone tires are the cause. I don't know.

Style.

More insulation to deaden the road noise.

little disappointed
By valley

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The car looks are great, however I have had it in the shop a few times. I think the seats are the poorest quality I have ever seen in a car. I have had my Mazda since July of 06 and the front seats looks so worn, they are awful. The gas mileage is not as good as they say either. The car is not too comfortable, I wish I could have had a 30 day money back/trade in because it would be gone. Like I said the looks are great, but they need to improve on some quality issues...interior is very cheap...the lumbar on driver's seat has already broken.

The look of the car and it does have good pick up for a 4 cylinder. The red lighting on dash is also nice.

Get a new material for the cloth seats.

Fun to Drive
By Catherine

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Car is fun to drive, plenty of power, brakes are right there, handling fun to corner with, and sluggish start but kicks right in. I like the manual transmission option. Front seats and trunk is spacious. Easy to get in and out of the car. Gas mileage is exactly as quoted, as long as you don't drive it with heavy foot. Doesn't have OEM mudflaps for it. Steering wheel has plenty of adjustment, up, down, in, and out.

Love the key remote to lower windows during the hot summer. It has many hiding places and storage spots.

Remove the hesitation in the acceleration, at take off.

Bang for the Bucks
By chgoride6

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan s Grand Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I traded in an 04 6i so the S model was a wonderful step up. Great handling and acceleration; with the 6 speed "shiftable" sport auto trans. Nice dashboard, and features on this model with HID, 18" wheels and factory heated leather seats. Really nice dual storage compartment. Sad to see this model depart for 2007. Have had a few minor problems. #1) Driver's side lumbar support just broke and #2) front rotors warping for no apparent reason. Both issues being warrantied by selling dealer no questions. Nice car for mid $20's with all rebates.

HID, 18" wheels rides nicer than 17's 6 disk CD, sunroof and heated leather for Chicago winters all standard on this model.

Never noticed the road noise on test drive. Sorry for smokers as ashtray is removed and replaced with power outlet on this model. Advanced keyless entry and ignition for all Mazdas models. You listening Mazda marketing?