Used 2006 Mazda 6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mazda 6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

A different kind of breed
By Tru Tone

2006 Mazda 6 s Grand Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Everyone looks at it, says it's nice and people love the color; they say it looks rich. I love it, it's very sporty, it handles superbly through Los Angeles crest highway. I finished in first place in a novice class at the local autocross event taking on Suburu WRX wagon, Suburu Impreza STI and a couple of 240 SXs. The exterior design reminds me of Audi S4 model.

My HID headlights, black housing tail lights and those 18" factory wheels.

POWER, we need more power! the Nissan 300zx back in 1990 had 220hp out of a 3 liter V6 ,whats taking mazda so long to catch up?! Still, the engine is very very potent.

I really like the 2006 Mazda 6i, but....
By miatasportscar

2006 Mazda 6 i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car is the second one, the first was a 2003 Mazda 6i with a 5 speed. I like the new automatic much better on this 2006, smooth as silk, and you can shift it manually if you want to. Build quality is great with exception of a buzzing noise from under the right front of the car at 65 mph. I suspect improper under panel or shield is not right. Seems wind related, as it only does it at speed. Gas mileage is great, about 32 mpg on 87 octane. It performs like a sports sedan should, taut, very responsive for a 4 cyl. Drives better than my wife's Camry! Doesn't even compare, this car HANDLES! Front rotors are shot at 18,000 miles, being replaced under warranty. Nice car anyway!

The handling is superb, brakes are great (but rotors warped at 18,000 mi!). Transmission is a real good feature, you can shift the automatic, manually. Very nice feature for spirited driving on hilly roads.

The release clasp on the left side to release the seatback is sluggish, as it was on my '03. I suspect it needs some adjustment. The front bumper facia is very flimsy attached. It wobbles and shakes, need better quality control on this body panel. Front cornering lamps would be a nice added feature.

Oh So Sweet
By RINO48

2006 Mazda 6 s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had this for a week and I absolutely love it. I have had more comments on this car than any other car I have ever owned. Even old girl friends are coming out of the woodwork.

Two-toned interior, slick exterior, power, handling is very responsive, not a bumpy ride, drives like a $40,000 car, rims, windows roll down with a few clicks of the keyless entery, manual AND automatic transmission, super-smooth shifting.

Stereo is not the greatest, seats can be uncomfortable at times, no automatic lights, no folding mirrors,

Great Value
By Dave

2006 Mazda 6 i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

For around 15 grand, this is a lot of car. I got the base model with a manual transmission. Performance is OK considering it's a four cylinder, but the fun factor is increased by the great handling. I've been able to get up to 32 mpg in mixed driving, mostly highway commuting. I've had to take it in twice for minor emissions problems that triggered the check engine light, all fixed under warrantee. I swapped in a sport grille to make it look a little more sporty, and really am happy with my choice after 10 months with it.

Steering wheel mounted stereo and cruise controls.

Amazing Purchase
By mazdanola

2006 Mazda 6 s Grand Sport 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

We recently bought a 2006 Mazda6 5-door after it came off a 12 month lease. The first year of depreciation on these is pretty steep and would recommend buying one a year old if you can, we got a $27,000 car for $21,000 by doing this, and it's flawless condition with only 25,000 miles. We park on the street and love it because it has the versatility of an SUV but the packaging of a car. It's sporty, fun to drive and exceedingly comfortable, so far we love it!

The interior is fabulous, and the exterior is super sharp, especially the 18 inch rims. It rides firm but soaks up the bumps.

Make the mirrors foldable!