Used 2006 Mazda 6 s Grand Sport Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mazda 6 - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mazda 6 Wagon

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Mazda6 Wagon a great buy!
By BigO

2006 Mazda 6 Wagon s Grand Sport 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great alternative to SUV and not very common. I'm 6'4 and 260 so seating in front is ample. I've got the Grand Sport and it's a great value for it's class. Fuel economy could be better. Love the pet barrier. Nice interior/exterior lighting. I'm very happy even though I only have 7,000 miles on it.

Favorite Features

Overall driver comfort and utility of the vehicle. Good in snow as well. Toasty seat heaters. Auto up windows and remote window operation. Great 6- speed auto transmission, very smooth shifting. Cool key fob too.

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel economy or bump up the horsepower. The security system should beep instead of the horn tooting when armed.

Fun and practical
By RAHanson

2006 Mazda 6 Wagon s Grand Sport 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I wanted a fun-to-drive station wagon as an alternative to an SUV. The Mazda 6s met the mark. The manual transmission is great--very smooth clutch, quick response (much better than automatic). It holds the road well. It has plenty of cargo room. Unlike some other wagons, the back seat folds completely flat--this is great, especially for transporting animals.

Favorite Features

Responsive engine and transmission (manual). Good road handling. Rear seat folds to make a flat surface.

Suggested Improvements

6-speed manual transmission would improve highway fuel performance.

Fuel Consumption
By 2006 Mazda MAZDA6

2006 Mazda 6 Wagon s Grand Sport 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Nice car, poor fuel consumption (13-16 MPG, city). Dealer unable to find any problem. Non aggressive driver averaged 20-22 MPG, same conditions) with 3 previous Taurus wagons.

Favorite Features

Good looking vehicle, fine in most respects, dissatisfied with fuel consumption.

Suggested Improvements

Foot brake and gas pedal too close together. Steering very sensitive to road crown.

Mazda6 is Great Value
By Mary

2006 Mazda 6 Wagon s Grand Sport 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I did extensive comparisons. I don't like driving a car that everybody else in the parking lot has. My Mazda in ash metallic can be found easily in the sea of cars. It would have been easy to spend another $8K or more on Audi A4 wagon, but I can use the difference for some nice trips. I haven't had a chance to try it on any of the big hills here yet in San Francisco though.

Favorite Features

All the standard convenience and safety features. Many other manufacturers charge extra for many of these.

Suggested Improvements

My prior car had power antenna, and I'm too short to reach it on my Mazda to remove for car wash. I'll have to put a step stool in the trunk on those days. Wish 2006 had the automatic tire pressure sensors like Audi.