2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Think I Bought a Lemon!
By pstiles1 on 07/31/11 11:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2006 Mazda 6 new. I am sad to say, I think that I bought an albatross. It has become a money pit. I have put 3 sets of tires at around $1000.00 per set. The air conditioner had to be replaced. The drive chain broke & had to be replaced, thank God it was under warranty! I have had to replace the clutch. The dashboard compartment broke and now my head liner is falling down near the rear window. I also have a very audible "squeaking noise" as the car changes speed which the dealer (whom I will never work with again) says is the ac's clutch since my car is "old." I had an RX7 which I loved. This car is a big disappointment!

Best Commuter Car I've Ever Owned
By avelectro on 12/01/07 08:49 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My previous car, a Mercedes C220 purchased new in 1996, was a great car but this 6s Grand Sport is way better for around town commuting. The climate controls are very easy to use, HID headlights are a big plus, and the V6 is so smooth I have found myself driving in manual mode wondering which nearby car is making the high-rpm noise. It really is that smooth. My daily commute burns fuel at a 28 to 30 mpg rate, depending on the weather (A/C on or sunroof open). I drive conservatively, keep the tires at 40 psi and the six-speed automatic shifts into high gear at 42 mph, all of which gives much better mpg than I expected. Highway mileage is unknown - I've only driven it in metro Phoenix.

A different kind of breed
By Tru Tone on 07/25/07 01:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Everyone looks at it, says it's nice and people love the color; they say it looks rich. I love it, it's very sporty, it handles superbly through Los Angeles crest highway. I finished in first place in a novice class at the local autocross event taking on Suburu WRX wagon, Suburu Impreza STI and a couple of 240 SXs. The exterior design reminds me of Audi S4 model.

Great Car, Great Price
By Dano on 03/19/07 08:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This was a leftover 2006 that we were able to get at $9000 off MSRP. We traded in a 2006 Civic LX that had a lot of 1st year production problems. This car is definitely the class leader in the looks and fun to drive category. The Accord and Camry have low quality interiors and the exteriors do not grab your attention like the MAZDA6. Our car's color is Pebble Ash, a pearlish green/silver. I have noticed these types of colors have mis-matched bumpers on many Acuras, Hondas, Toyotas. The Mazda's is perfect!

Grand Sport
By dano100 on 03/05/07 10:54 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Just purchased 2 days ago after trading in an '06 Civic (that had many issues) and am extremely impressed with this car. It was a leftover '06 that I got for almost $9000 off. It is not the fastest in its segment but handles better than anything in its class. And I know about handling (previous cars: Toyota Supra, Nissan 300ZX, Miata, Honda S2000, an Acura CL and TL). I just can't get over how cheap the interiors are getting on most of the mainstream cars today. The quality of the materials Mazda still puts in the 6 is to be applauded. My only concern about this car is the durability of the engine, being a Ford block, but only time will tell. Right now at $9000 off this is the best car for the money.

Bang for the Bucks
By chgoride6 on 12/05/06 20:14 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I traded in an 04 6i so the S model was a wonderful step up. Great handling and acceleration; with the 6 speed "shiftable" sport auto trans. Nice dashboard, and features on this model with HID, 18" wheels and factory heated leather seats. Really nice dual storage compartment. Sad to see this model depart for 2007. Have had a few minor problems. #1) Driver's side lumbar support just broke and #2) front rotors warping for no apparent reason. Both issues being warrantied by selling dealer no questions. Nice car for mid $20's with all rebates.

Fast and Furious
By Robert on 09/27/06 22:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned a lot of cars, including Ferrari, Porsche, Corvette. I test drove Toyota Camry and Avalon, Volkswagen Passat, Hyundai Sonata and Azera, and Mazda 6, Speed6, and CX7 ( 2006s & 2007s). I got this car new for $7,000.00 under list. Nice handling, comfortable ride for four people, good looking, good sized trunk, first tank of gas returned 19.5 mpg in mostly city driving, and fun to drive. Quality build and materials inside and out. No problems so far. I love this car.

Quality Control not Mazda's top priority
By New Mazda owner on 06/18/06 18:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I custom ordered my Mazda6 Grand Sport and waited 3 months for it to arrive at the dealership. When I first saw it it didn't have the right 17" wheels I requested (even the Mazda Brochure shows the car can be ordered with 17" wheels), the paint on the hood had very noticeable streaks and overspray, and one of the tail pipe tips was totally mounted out of whack with the correctly mounted one.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.