2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Really great car!
By mazdaman24 on 03/08/10 20:22 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car a few months ago after my former Mazda Protege was totaled. I bought it because it was a great value, fully loaded V6 for $13k and only 27,000 miles. The interior isn't as rich as the new model but it is certainly respectable and intuitive. There is storage aplenty and it's just the right size. The exterior styling is great, and the ride is firm but not punishing with the 18 inch wheels. The only downside is a slightly notchy transmission at low speeds, but at highway speeds this is the best car i've driven. The Ford-sourced V6 is potent, and I get between 24 and 29 MPG, excellent for a V6.

Great Car
By DeSorbo24 on 11/25/08 19:35 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought the car about three months ago with 55k on it. I drive over 300 mi three times a week on the highway. I opted for the 6 cyl with the 5 spd manual. Best decision ever the car is awesome to drive, great gas mileage out of a 6 cyl. Only thing wrong was a cam shaft bolt that was improperly installed from the manufacturer and Mazda replaced no problem no big deal at all. Car is fast, smooth, handling is crisp and tight just like a sports car. And the exterior with the Mazdaspeed rims couldn't ask for better car

Fun to drive, but not fun to fix
By aperion05 on 09/24/08 19:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I got my Mazda 6 brand new a little over 2 years ago. I love this car. It's fast, handles great, comfortable, looks great, and I love the Bose stereo. Mazda has, however, really let me down. This car has been in the shop for warranty repairs six times! I've had problems with the fuel pump, transmission, A/C and even the key fob. I'm so torn. I love the car, and have unfortunately gotten to try others as rentals, but it is a huge hassle to keep getting repairs. When the warranty expires I don't know if I'll be able to afford such big repairs. I've even met other people that had the same car and had the same problems. Overall, don't buy this year, and beware of other years.

Horrible Car!
By Horrible Car! on 06/04/08 06:35 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

First off, I love to drive this car, its a lot of fun. But, I hate to own this car. It is the worst car I have ever owned. It only has 33,000 miles and I've had to have two sensors replaced, a transmission replaced, have the wiring and lightbulb under the cup holder adjusted because the lightbulb burnt a hold in the cup holder. Its just been one thing after another with this car. I was on the fence between an Accord and this car. I wish I would have gone with the Accord, because I would have a reliable car with good resale rather than a car about to fall apart. I will NEVER buy a Mazda again, and I will tell everyone I know to be wary, they are awful!

Facing Same Problems As Many Others.
By Faultless on 01/19/08 22:04 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Mazda6s Grand touring in Dec. of 07 used but still under factory 36k bumper to bumper with 33k miles on it. I've now had the car for 5 weeks and it's already back at the dealer with a blown engine. "Low oil conditions." Check your oil check it often these cars use it burn it I don't know they make oil disappear. The dealer tried to tell me the last person to do my oil change was to blame and I quickly responded with "well that would be you."

Lot of road noise
By Rob on 01/21/07 07:59 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

There certainly is a lot of road noise. I even took my 06 in for a front-end alignment and tire rebalancing at less than 3000 miles. Unfortunately, it was to no avail. Perhaps the factory 18" Bridgestone tires are the cause. I don't know.

Fun to Drive
By Catherine on 12/30/06 17:12 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Car is fun to drive, plenty of power, brakes are right there, handling fun to corner with, and sluggish start but kicks right in. I like the manual transmission option. Front seats and trunk is spacious. Easy to get in and out of the car. Gas mileage is exactly as quoted, as long as you don't drive it with heavy foot. Doesn't have OEM mudflaps for it. Steering wheel has plenty of adjustment, up, down, in, and out.

Shifty
By YT Cai on 10/24/06 11:47 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The Mazda6 is a well made car. It is tight, especially compared to the Malibu which was one of the loosest cars I test drove. It's still too early to tell, but I'm not sure if I like the 6 speed automatic transmission. Not being a sports car person it seems a bit shifty from start to 5th gear which doesn't take long to get there. I wouldn't recommend it for circumstances where a "family car" is desired. The Sonata seemed a little more appropriate in the same price range.

My Mazda6
By Sue Mastel on 10/04/06 06:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I had one problem 4 days after I got it. The throttle casing had to be replaced. No fun trying to drive under 30 mph when in a 50 mph zone. Was fixed immediately, but had to drive it all the way back to the Mazda dealership, 2 hours away. Overall, I am very satisfied with how it runs now. Would recommend it to other potential buyers.

Sporty.....but a letdown
By Kevin Kells on 09/21/06 16:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned the Mazda6 since March now and put over 9,000 miles on it so far. It's a nice, sporty looking sedan but It needs some improvements. The engine sounds nice but in terms of power, it's lacking. At 215hp stock, i am getting smoked by Accords, Camrys and other sedans. The car handles good, but the turning radius is horrible and the suspension will rattle your teeth when the road is bumpy. Front interior is roomy, but rear is very small. Gauges look nice but the dark lettering and colors could be hard to read sometimes at night. Interior feels cheap too. Overall it's a decent buy, but for the money you can spend $3-4k more and get a Passat or a SE Camry.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.