2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Best Kept Secret Out There
By yamura on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my '06 6s in early '07. Probably sat on the dealer's lot a long time because of the manual trans. However, maybe because of that I got a very good deal, too. Aside from a headliner that pulled away from the rear window and breakage of the lumbar support about 400 miles prior to expiration of the warranty, and somewhat early replacement of the battery, the car has been trouble free. It is a hoot to drive, strong runner with a good mid-range, and surprisingly good gas mileage avg about 22 in town and 27 on hwy.

Pretty good car
By Guy with a Mazda on 03/15/09 14:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I got my 6 in Dec of 07, and it has served me very well. All of my driving has been in town, so the mileage kind of stinks. It drives great, it's pretty quiet, and it gets me from A to B with no problems.

Fun when it isn't in the shop
By Ashires on 11/25/08 09:42 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I was so excited when I got my Mazda 6 because I had wanted one for a while, but within 2 days of buying it I had it back in the shop because the windows had rolled themselves down. The dealership told me basically that that didn't happen until I had to take the car back in months later because the windows rolled up & down by themselves, the lights wouldn't go off unless the battery was unhooked and the horn would blow (with no one in the car). Finally the whole thing was all sorted out, but now there are even more problems. I have taken it in 3 times in the last 3 months for problems with the transmission and engine light being on. My warranty will be up in 4000 miles and I am trading it in.

Decent car
By M6 on 07/02/08 21:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car used and when I took it for a check up there were no problems after two years of use. There was slight battery corrosion after a few months but it was easy to fix. The interior is awful, there are so many cup holders but cups won't fit in most. There are also a lot of compartments that even a CD holder won't fit in. This car is great on the highway but guzzles gas in the city.

Best bang for the buck
By Zak on 04/03/08 08:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've been a car man for decades. I love european and asian cars. However, There are some american cars that get my attention. I don't know how much Ford was involved with this car, but I'll say this. Look out Honda, Toyota, and Nissan. This car is quiet, smooth, feels solid, and well made. Did I mention a blast to drive? I've always loved hondas and respected Toyotas. But these products by mazda is getting my attention. I have had some minor warrenty work after 20,000 miles. A damaged or defective exhaust shield. A bad sensor and a bad battery. Really little stuff. Things that can go wrong on the most high end vehicles. Not concerned. Plus, I'm very abusive to cars, I drive hard!

Oh So Sweet
By RINO48 on 05/26/07 23:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had this for a week and I absolutely love it. I have had more comments on this car than any other car I have ever owned. Even old girl friends are coming out of the woodwork.

You have to love the Zoom Zoom
By Aaron on 03/03/07 16:53 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Amazing car. Responsive, agile, and fun to drive - stock. I have gotten numerous comments on the car, at the bank, grocery store, etc. Its distinctive styling and acceleration make this a car to be proud of wherever you go. You really have to watch your speed in this car. I have found myself creep up to 90+ on the freeway without noticing it. After owning my Mazda6 only 18 days, I was struck from behind while sitting at a stoplight. The other driver hit us at 50 mph. Our Mazda held up amazingly well with relatively minor damage considering the impact - and no frame damage!

love my 6
By rickpaul on 11/03/06 17:12 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

If you are looking for a sedan that will do everything well, this is the car. My 6s automatic is fast, agile, comfortable, and loaded with features. I have ridden people in it who own much more expensive cars, (Audi A4, Acura TL, BMW 3 series) and they can't believe how nice it was and how smooth and quiet it was while still being able to eat up an exit ramp. Because the car doesn't represent the least common denominator however, you can get rebates and incentives on it that make it a better deal than a Hyundai or a Mazda3. If you like to drive, and you can't afford a luxury marque, you absolutely cannot go wrong buying this car. Zoomzoom.

Very sporty/very nice
By Audiprof on 05/19/06 20:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Two kids in college took me downmarket from the Infiniti and Audi range but I'm not disappointed. Very smooth performance from the 6 speed auto which is well matched to the 6 cylinder engine. The S Sport model handles like a demon with very little body roll and is really a hoot to drive. Seating is supportive with a very good power driver's seat. Being over 50 I'm not crazy about the rear spoiler which smacks of "boy racer" but overall the styling is eye catching and sets itself apart from the plain vanilla of Camry and Accord. The ride is just a bit rough over bad pavement and expansion strips but overall this is a great car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.