Used 2006 Mazda 6 s Grand Sport Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Think I Bought a Lemon!
By pstiles1

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan s Grand Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2006 Mazda 6 new. I am sad to say, I think that I bought an albatross. It has become a money pit. I have put 3 sets of tires at around $1000.00 per set. The air conditioner had to be replaced. The drive chain broke & had to be replaced, thank God it was under warranty! I have had to replace the clutch. The dashboard compartment broke and now my head liner is falling down near the rear window. I also have a very audible "squeaking noise" as the car changes speed which the dealer (whom I will never work with again) says is the ac's clutch since my car is "old." I had an RX7 which I loved. This car is a big disappointment!

Best Commuter Car I've Ever Owned
By avelectro

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan s Grand Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My previous car, a Mercedes C220 purchased new in 1996, was a great car but this 6s Grand Sport is way better for around town commuting. The climate controls are very easy to use, HID headlights are a big plus, and the V6 is so smooth I have found myself driving in manual mode wondering which nearby car is making the high-rpm noise. It really is that smooth. My daily commute burns fuel at a 28 to 30 mpg rate, depending on the weather (A/C on or sunroof open). I drive conservatively, keep the tires at 40 psi and the six-speed automatic shifts into high gear at 42 mph, all of which gives much better mpg than I expected. Highway mileage is unknown - I've only driven it in metro Phoenix.

Instrument's red lighting, outstanding fuel efficiency, sharp handling, good power, solid body feel.

Side-mounted turn signals (like the MazdaSpeed 6), one-touch sunroof, extendable visors to cover side glass better.

A different kind of breed
By Tru Tone

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan s Grand Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Everyone looks at it, says it's nice and people love the color; they say it looks rich. I love it, it's very sporty, it handles superbly through Los Angeles crest highway. I finished in first place in a novice class at the local autocross event taking on Suburu WRX wagon, Suburu Impreza STI and a couple of 240 SXs. The exterior design reminds me of Audi S4 model.

My HID headlights, black housing tail lights and those 18" factory wheels.

POWER, we need more power! the Nissan 300zx back in 1990 had 220hp out of a 3 liter V6 ,whats taking mazda so long to catch up?! Still, the engine is very very potent.

Great Car, Great Price
By Dano

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan s Grand Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This was a leftover 2006 that we were able to get at $9000 off MSRP. We traded in a 2006 Civic LX that had a lot of 1st year production problems. This car is definitely the class leader in the looks and fun to drive category. The Accord and Camry have low quality interiors and the exteriors do not grab your attention like the MAZDA6. Our car's color is Pebble Ash, a pearlish green/silver. I have noticed these types of colors have mis-matched bumpers on many Acuras, Hondas, Toyotas. The Mazda's is perfect!

Style, HID headlights, leather seat comfort, handling, runs on regular gas.

Bose head unit (sound) is not as good as the Bose units in other cars I've owned. Adjustable heat for the heated seats. More back seat legroom.

Grand Sport
By dano100

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan s Grand Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Just purchased 2 days ago after trading in an '06 Civic (that had many issues) and am extremely impressed with this car. It was a leftover '06 that I got for almost $9000 off. It is not the fastest in its segment but handles better than anything in its class. And I know about handling (previous cars: Toyota Supra, Nissan 300ZX, Miata, Honda S2000, an Acura CL and TL). I just can't get over how cheap the interiors are getting on most of the mainstream cars today. The quality of the materials Mazda still puts in the 6 is to be applauded. My only concern about this car is the durability of the engine, being a Ford block, but only time will tell. Right now at $9000 off this is the best car for the money.

Handling, HID headlights, Bose/Sirius audio, 18" wheels.

Power passenger seat, memory seat/mirrors, more interior room.