Used 2006 Mazda 6 s Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Best Kept Secret Out There
By yamura

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my '06 6s in early '07. Probably sat on the dealer's lot a long time because of the manual trans. However, maybe because of that I got a very good deal, too. Aside from a headliner that pulled away from the rear window and breakage of the lumbar support about 400 miles prior to expiration of the warranty, and somewhat early replacement of the battery, the car has been trouble free. It is a hoot to drive, strong runner with a good mid-range, and surprisingly good gas mileage avg about 22 in town and 27 on hwy.

Fun to drive, surprisingly good on gas, reliable. Still on the original tires & brakes @ 52K mi.

(1) The headlight pattern using OEM bulbs no better than Average. (2) 5th gear could use longer legs for more relaxed cruising (3) Turning circle is slightly worse than that of the Queen Mary. (4) The whale-tail spoiler is a little too boy racer-poseurish for my taste.

Pretty good car
By Guy with a Mazda

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I got my 6 in Dec of 07, and it has served me very well. All of my driving has been in town, so the mileage kind of stinks. It drives great, it's pretty quiet, and it gets me from A to B with no problems.

The 6-speed semi automatic trans, the styling, and the torque. It gets up and goes when I'm haulin.

Better fuel economy, AWD would be nice, and when I'm in auto, it shifts way to early, I'll be going 35-40 in 6th gear. So fixing that would be a good idea.

Fun when it isn't in the shop
By Ashires

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I was so excited when I got my Mazda 6 because I had wanted one for a while, but within 2 days of buying it I had it back in the shop because the windows had rolled themselves down. The dealership told me basically that that didn't happen until I had to take the car back in months later because the windows rolled up & down by themselves, the lights wouldn't go off unless the battery was unhooked and the horn would blow (with no one in the car). Finally the whole thing was all sorted out, but now there are even more problems. I have taken it in 3 times in the last 3 months for problems with the transmission and engine light being on. My warranty will be up in 4000 miles and I am trading it in.

Handling, fun to drive, pick up, trunk space, sleek attractive design.

Seats could be more cushy and comfortable.

Decent car
By M6

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car used and when I took it for a check up there were no problems after two years of use. There was slight battery corrosion after a few months but it was easy to fix. The interior is awful, there are so many cup holders but cups won't fit in most. There are also a lot of compartments that even a CD holder won't fit in. This car is great on the highway but guzzles gas in the city.

Fun to drive, nice to drive on the highway.

More efficient interior design.

Best bang for the buck
By Zak

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've been a car man for decades. I love european and asian cars. However, There are some american cars that get my attention. I don't know how much Ford was involved with this car, but I'll say this. Look out Honda, Toyota, and Nissan. This car is quiet, smooth, feels solid, and well made. Did I mention a blast to drive? I've always loved hondas and respected Toyotas. But these products by mazda is getting my attention. I have had some minor warrenty work after 20,000 miles. A damaged or defective exhaust shield. A bad sensor and a bad battery. Really little stuff. Things that can go wrong on the most high end vehicles. Not concerned. Plus, I'm very abusive to cars, I drive hard!

For the price a really nice interior. Great styling. Very roomy front and rear. No wasted space. Phenomenal handling. Very good build quality. Quiet and feels well refined. Firm suspension, but not abusive.

I would like to see more umph from the engine. It's smooth and pulls well. But lacks the punch of the V-6 accord and Altima. Also I think with more power this would be a great rear drive car.