Used 2006 Mazda 6 i Grand Sport Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Fun sports sedan!
By mmsim

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan i Grand Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

This was the first car I purchased myself. I'm the second owner of an '06 Mazda6. In regard to appearance, this car is definitely "sexy", especially in the Dark Cherry color I have. I drove an '03 Toyota Camry before this Mazda6 and I can assure you, the Mazda6 is sportier, smaller, and more fun to drive. I haven't had any serious issues with the vehicle, besides the routine maintenance (oil change, tires,). I had one mechanical problem when I first bought the car but it was under warranty so no cost to me. The speed and handling of this vehicle is up to par; it exceeds my expectations, especially being a 4-banger. Overall I would HIGHLY recommend this vehicle to any prospective purchasers.

The Mazda6 I own is fully loaded so I enjoy the sunroof, upgraded Bose sound system, in-dash 6 CD changer, chrome dual exhaust, fog lights. I love that this car is a smaller sports sedan, so I can maneuver into smaller places.

Better quality interior pieces

Not Bad, better than I thought
By QbanPete

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan i Grand Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I needed a vehicle to get to and from work, well the 6 does and then some. I find that I take the long way home through country backroads that have lots of hills and curves. Once I adapted to the "Semi-Manual" it's fun to keep the engine revving above 3500rpm. Keep the engine happy and it rewards you with a pleasant sound, considering it's a 4. Gas mileage has been around 26mpg, which I consider good since I tend to floor it. A lot!

The whole package, greater than its individual parts.

More supportive seats.

Nice mid size sedan for the buck
By Moon

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan i Grand Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

It drives like a full size car with the gas mileage of a compact. More than enough power, luxury and safety features.

My favorite feature would the comfort factor and of course gas mileage.

The key seems to pop open in my pocket. Maybe the switch blade key may not be a good fit for men with enough in their pocket already.

A good college car...
By OUStudent

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan i Grand Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

This is a nice car to drive. It's quiet on the inside and rides almost as smooth as my mom's Lexus. I think that for the money you can't get a better car out there. I test drove many including the Scion, Honda, and Nissan. I liked the feel of the Mazda 6 the best. I have owned the car for about 6 months now and haven't even noticed a rattle. I would highly recommend this car to anyone.

The red backlights on the dash and electronics, very nice to the eyes. The built in satellite radio and steering wheel controls. The sporty looks.

A little more back seat legroom. It shifts a little hard from 1st to 2nd, nothing bad though. An audio input for your iPod or whatever.