2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Most reliable car I ever bought
By idahogal on 01/29/12 09:04 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Mazda6 new in 2006 and have been really happy with it. I commute 60 miles a day round trip and have never had it in the shop for anything other than regular maintanence. The only minor thing that was ever wrong with it was a missalignment of the window washer fluid jets. It has never left me stranded, never has made any weird sounds and is really quite fun to drive. I just got it detailed, waxed and the headlights buffed and people at work think the car still looks brand new. The body style is still so current, I don't know if it will ever be outdated. I am so glad that I made the choice to buy Mazda.

I love my Mazda6!
By lovemycar on 04/15/09 11:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my mazda for 3 years, and have done lots of driving on long trips and within the city. The current mileage is 60k. I have never had a single problem with my Mazda thus far. It handles excellently, and I consistently get compliments on the sexy look of the car. As a student, it's the nicest car around. The interior is comfortable, which is especially great for those long road trips. I highly recommend the Mazda6!

New 2006 Mazda 6 needs new motor
By jefles on 01/25/07 10:09 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

The car started a tapping noise from the motor at 2000 miles. The dealer tried to say it was normal. The dealer has now ordered a new engine from Mazda due to defects at 6000 miles. Buy Honda or Toyota.

V6 to 4 cylinder
By Pippi on 09/17/06 19:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in a 1999 Mercury Cougar for this car after my brother was in a terrible wreck and lost a friend so I wanted it for safety! I love having all the airbags and the cage I feel soo much better driving. This car is amazing, it has the same pep as my Cougar but much better gas mileage (about 27 in the city). I went looking at a Highlander Hybrid or Mariner Hybrid but ended up with a luxurious roomy and comfy sedan for much less, plus the Mazda people were amazing.

Even my Parents want to ZOOM-ZOOM
By Shawn on 09/05/06 03:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I love my car, but I think my parents love it more. The sedan drives like a sports car.

Love this car!
By miltonw on 06/29/06 10:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car to replace a totaled 2002 Mustang. Love the roomy, quiet drive. Best part of the design is the radio controls on the steering wheel... always loved this on the Mazdas. Nice safety feature for a young driver. I give it a 9+. Good gas mileage because of the 4 cylinder yet still good performance (160 hp).

Mazda6i Sport Auto
By RRB on 05/20/06 08:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Black with beige; 4 cylinder auto. Owned two months. Extra gear in 5 speed auto helps this engine a lot - very responsive with one or two aboard. Slower with 4, but acceptable. Engine a little noisy when pushed hard, but sounds good otherwise. Overall very satisfied, especially chassis, styling and comfort. Bose stereo is excellent. Michelins have low cornering limits - better with more air in front. Am getting 28.5 mpg every time in mixed driving. Very good steering and brakes. Excellent balance between ride and handling. Very quiet in highway cruise. Good price if you shop - almost $5k off sticker after $2k rebate, 500 financing and dealer discount. Compare before buying a 3Touring or S.

Decent car for the price
By adrian on 05/05/06 14:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Not as refine as the new 07 Camry or Accord BUT for $2.5K less I can live with it. Car handles better than most in its class. I took it out on the twisties and it was like glue on the road (& I have the lower-end 16" with steel wheels). Gas so far so good. I'm still on my 1st tank and odometer is 365 miles. I figure I can push pass 400 miles easily with a full tank. Interior is about what you get for a $16K car. Not good not bad. Once I wear off the rubber (3 years maybe) I intend to put snow tires on the OEM wheels and get a "real" tire/wheel package for summer driving; then this car will look and handle even better!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.