Used 2006 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:

Most reliable car I ever bought
By idahogal

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Mazda6 new in 2006 and have been really happy with it. I commute 60 miles a day round trip and have never had it in the shop for anything other than regular maintanence. The only minor thing that was ever wrong with it was a missalignment of the window washer fluid jets. It has never left me stranded, never has made any weird sounds and is really quite fun to drive. I just got it detailed, waxed and the headlights buffed and people at work think the car still looks brand new. The body style is still so current, I don't know if it will ever be outdated. I am so glad that I made the choice to buy Mazda.

Favorite Features

The radio/cruise control buttons on the stearing wheel, the pick up, overall look of the car, many niches to store things, trunk space, and the quality of the interior fabric - it stil looks brand new.

Suggested Improvements

The turning radius could be improved as well as the cup holders so that they can holder bigger drinks.

I love my Mazda6!
By lovemycar

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my mazda for 3 years, and have done lots of driving on long trips and within the city. The current mileage is 60k. I have never had a single problem with my Mazda thus far. It handles excellently, and I consistently get compliments on the sexy look of the car. As a student, it's the nicest car around. The interior is comfortable, which is especially great for those long road trips. I highly recommend the Mazda6!

Favorite Features

Sexy look inside and outside, great handling, comfortable, music controls on steering wheel, easy to use cruise control, lots of storage space in the front, sunroof, back seats bend over to make huge trunk with lots of room, quiet drive, controls are easy to use

Suggested Improvements

More space in the back, better sound system, better fuel efficiency, mp3 cd player

New 2006 Mazda 6 needs new motor
By jefles

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

The car started a tapping noise from the motor at 2000 miles. The dealer tried to say it was normal. The dealer has now ordered a new engine from Mazda due to defects at 6000 miles. Buy Honda or Toyota.

Suggested Improvements

Buy the car back and make it right for the consumer.

V6 to 4 cylinder
By Pippi

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in a 1999 Mercury Cougar for this car after my brother was in a terrible wreck and lost a friend so I wanted it for safety! I love having all the airbags and the cage I feel soo much better driving. This car is amazing, it has the same pep as my Cougar but much better gas mileage (about 27 in the city). I went looking at a Highlander Hybrid or Mariner Hybrid but ended up with a luxurious roomy and comfy sedan for much less, plus the Mazda people were amazing.

Favorite Features

Navigation system, Bose, moon roof, leather seats, and the amount of room. The gas mileage and 18 gallon tank go far. I recommend the all weather mats because they catch all of the dirt and help protect your interior. The side curtain and all the other airbags are a great safety feature.

Suggested Improvements

Rear-parking assist, MPG tracker and blue dash lights instead of red. Some kind of alarm that tells you if passengers are not wearing their seatbelts would be really nice.

Even my Parents want to ZOOM-ZOOM
By Shawn

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I love my car, but I think my parents love it more. The sedan drives like a sports car.

Favorite Features

I love the sunroof and the 6 disc in dash changer. The leather seats are very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Automatic locking doors. It is annoying remembering to lock the doors. They should ADD this as at a nominal fee.