Used 2006 Mazda 6 i Sport Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Great value
By ponchojack

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Mazda almost 5 years. It has been a great, fun car to drive with very low maintenance costs. The interior is comfortable and highly functional, even with the standard options. The only gripe is the turning radius. Not an easy car to work in tight spaces. This might be a trade off for the good handling at speed. The motto "zoom, zoom!" truly applies to this car. Its just fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Engine Handling Steering wheel controls

Suggested Improvements

Steering radius

Permanent Fan
By neamazdalover

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE this car. 6iSport with 5-speed manual. Cloth seats, sunroof, spoiler, 6 disc CD, power windows and seats, airbags all around, and all for $20,000 brand new. This thing eats up the road like nothing I've ever driven before. I drive about 200 miles of rural, s-curves everyday and love every minute of it. Zoom, zoom is right on, but watch tire choices when you have to buy new. Suspension is so tight, tires sometimes can't keep up. Value X 10 for the cost. Stops on a dime! Half the price (and great financing options) of a BMW 3 series, but not nearly half the experience. This from someone who was driving a different car every two years, but I think I've found THE ONE!

Favorite Features

Suspension/tracking/grip. It is the closest legal thing to driving a race car that I have found outside of a BMW (which I can't afford). Still very sporty looking even at 5 years old. My boss drives an Acura and he saw my Mazda and said, "Wow! A 5-speed!" Jealous much? LOL!

Suggested Improvements

Lumbar support on front driver seat gone at 15,000 miles. Battery died earlier than I expected. Wished the factory tires would have lasted a little longer. Can't think of a single other thing.

Great performance & Gas Mileage
By ponchojuan

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love this Mazda, and I'm picky. It was cheap: $15,563 new. It is full size; I'm 6'3" 240lb and I fit fine. It averages 31 miles per gallon. I don't know where they get 24; must be the turbo. It has everything you need, maybe not everything you want. You won't go wrong buying this car.

Favorite Features

Engine, they mean it Vroom Vroom.

Suggested Improvements

Blinker needs more noise; can't hear it.

The best car I've had
By MDCruiser

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 6i automatic on 6/1/06 with 9 miles. I've had only small issues with it, now have 58,000 miles on the vehicle. I've done a lot of modifications to the suspension and some to the engine, and I drive the car pretty hard. Never a problem thus far. I'm extremely happy with my purchase. The handling of the car is great, it has adequate interior room, OK fuel economy, and reasonable maintenance costs.

Favorite Features

I like the steering wheel radio controls, the handling, the car heats up pretty quickly in winter, good snow traction, features for the price.

Suggested Improvements

I would like a tighter turning circle for city driving/parking, maybe a little more interior room. Otherwise the car is pretty nice for the money.

CamCordTima, Drive one of these!
By zoomzoomz6

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased with 62 miles in 06. Base model for 16,500 otd. Car now has 46k miles, no issues, 33-40mpg on my 5 speed manual. This car is fast, fun, and has a really nice look. Power windows, power locks, keyless entry, cheap insurance, and traction control all standard! I have driven Acura Tl's, Honda Accords, Camry's, you name it. If you want to know from a safety standpoint which car is good, try some high speed manuevers. This thing takes a huge beating and still gives me 33mpg average! I cannot recommend it enough. For all those bad reviews with the V6/I4 Automatic, many of them were rentals from Enterprise and were abused so I would not buy it if it was from them.

Favorite Features

I drove 620 miles on 17 gallons! The car is light which allows me to take corners like nothing, insurance is dirt cheap, the paint is high quality, steering wheel remote standard, tons of features! Beats the competition hands down. Camry's and Avalons are now American. So it is no different!

Suggested Improvements

Better advertising, I truly believe no one gives Mazda a chance.