Used 2006 Mazda 6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Fun sports sedan!
By mmsim

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan i Grand Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

This was the first car I purchased myself. I'm the second owner of an '06 Mazda6. In regard to appearance, this car is definitely "sexy", especially in the Dark Cherry color I have. I drove an '03 Toyota Camry before this Mazda6 and I can assure you, the Mazda6 is sportier, smaller, and more fun to drive. I haven't had any serious issues with the vehicle, besides the routine maintenance (oil change, tires,). I had one mechanical problem when I first bought the car but it was under warranty so no cost to me. The speed and handling of this vehicle is up to par; it exceeds my expectations, especially being a 4-banger. Overall I would HIGHLY recommend this vehicle to any prospective purchasers.

The Mazda6 I own is fully loaded so I enjoy the sunroof, upgraded Bose sound system, in-dash 6 CD changer, chrome dual exhaust, fog lights. I love that this car is a smaller sports sedan, so I can maneuver into smaller places.

Better quality interior pieces

Most reliable car I ever bought
By idahogal

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Mazda6 new in 2006 and have been really happy with it. I commute 60 miles a day round trip and have never had it in the shop for anything other than regular maintanence. The only minor thing that was ever wrong with it was a missalignment of the window washer fluid jets. It has never left me stranded, never has made any weird sounds and is really quite fun to drive. I just got it detailed, waxed and the headlights buffed and people at work think the car still looks brand new. The body style is still so current, I don't know if it will ever be outdated. I am so glad that I made the choice to buy Mazda.

The radio/cruise control buttons on the stearing wheel, the pick up, overall look of the car, many niches to store things, trunk space, and the quality of the interior fabric - it stil looks brand new.

The turning radius could be improved as well as the cup holders so that they can holder bigger drinks.

Great value
By ponchojack

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Mazda almost 5 years. It has been a great, fun car to drive with very low maintenance costs. The interior is comfortable and highly functional, even with the standard options. The only gripe is the turning radius. Not an easy car to work in tight spaces. This might be a trade off for the good handling at speed. The motto "zoom, zoom!" truly applies to this car. Its just fun to drive.

Engine Handling Steering wheel controls

Steering radius

Think I Bought a Lemon!
By pstiles1

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan s Grand Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2006 Mazda 6 new. I am sad to say, I think that I bought an albatross. It has become a money pit. I have put 3 sets of tires at around $1000.00 per set. The air conditioner had to be replaced. The drive chain broke & had to be replaced, thank God it was under warranty! I have had to replace the clutch. The dashboard compartment broke and now my head liner is falling down near the rear window. I also have a very audible "squeaking noise" as the car changes speed which the dealer (whom I will never work with again) says is the ac's clutch since my car is "old." I had an RX7 which I loved. This car is a big disappointment!

Permanent Fan
By neamazdalover

2006 Mazda 6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE this car. 6iSport with 5-speed manual. Cloth seats, sunroof, spoiler, 6 disc CD, power windows and seats, airbags all around, and all for $20,000 brand new. This thing eats up the road like nothing I've ever driven before. I drive about 200 miles of rural, s-curves everyday and love every minute of it. Zoom, zoom is right on, but watch tire choices when you have to buy new. Suspension is so tight, tires sometimes can't keep up. Value X 10 for the cost. Stops on a dime! Half the price (and great financing options) of a BMW 3 series, but not nearly half the experience. This from someone who was driving a different car every two years, but I think I've found THE ONE!

Suspension/tracking/grip. It is the closest legal thing to driving a race car that I have found outside of a BMW (which I can't afford). Still very sporty looking even at 5 years old. My boss drives an Acura and he saw my Mazda and said, "Wow! A 5-speed!" Jealous much? LOL!

Lumbar support on front driver seat gone at 15,000 miles. Battery died earlier than I expected. Wished the factory tires would have lasted a little longer. Can't think of a single other thing.