2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Fun sports sedan!
By mmsim on 02/08/12 09:57 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

This was the first car I purchased myself. I'm the second owner of an '06 Mazda6. In regard to appearance, this car is definitely "sexy", especially in the Dark Cherry color I have. I drove an '03 Toyota Camry before this Mazda6 and I can assure you, the Mazda6 is sportier, smaller, and more fun to drive. I haven't had any serious issues with the vehicle, besides the routine maintenance (oil change, tires,). I had one mechanical problem when I first bought the car but it was under warranty so no cost to me. The speed and handling of this vehicle is up to par; it exceeds my expectations, especially being a 4-banger. Overall I would HIGHLY recommend this vehicle to any prospective purchasers.

Most reliable car I ever bought
By idahogal on 01/29/12 09:04 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Mazda6 new in 2006 and have been really happy with it. I commute 60 miles a day round trip and have never had it in the shop for anything other than regular maintanence. The only minor thing that was ever wrong with it was a missalignment of the window washer fluid jets. It has never left me stranded, never has made any weird sounds and is really quite fun to drive. I just got it detailed, waxed and the headlights buffed and people at work think the car still looks brand new. The body style is still so current, I don't know if it will ever be outdated. I am so glad that I made the choice to buy Mazda.

Great value
By ponchojack on 11/10/11 06:23 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Mazda almost 5 years. It has been a great, fun car to drive with very low maintenance costs. The interior is comfortable and highly functional, even with the standard options. The only gripe is the turning radius. Not an easy car to work in tight spaces. This might be a trade off for the good handling at speed. The motto "zoom, zoom!" truly applies to this car. Its just fun to drive.

Think I Bought a Lemon!
By pstiles1 on 07/31/11 11:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2006 Mazda 6 new. I am sad to say, I think that I bought an albatross. It has become a money pit. I have put 3 sets of tires at around $1000.00 per set. The air conditioner had to be replaced. The drive chain broke & had to be replaced, thank God it was under warranty! I have had to replace the clutch. The dashboard compartment broke and now my head liner is falling down near the rear window. I also have a very audible "squeaking noise" as the car changes speed which the dealer (whom I will never work with again) says is the ac's clutch since my car is "old." I had an RX7 which I loved. This car is a big disappointment!

Permanent Fan
By neamazdalover on 11/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE this car. 6iSport with 5-speed manual. Cloth seats, sunroof, spoiler, 6 disc CD, power windows and seats, airbags all around, and all for $20,000 brand new. This thing eats up the road like nothing I've ever driven before. I drive about 200 miles of rural, s-curves everyday and love every minute of it. Zoom, zoom is right on, but watch tire choices when you have to buy new. Suspension is so tight, tires sometimes can't keep up. Value X 10 for the cost. Stops on a dime! Half the price (and great financing options) of a BMW 3 series, but not nearly half the experience. This from someone who was driving a different car every two years, but I think I've found THE ONE!

Best Kept Secret Out There
By yamura on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my '06 6s in early '07. Probably sat on the dealer's lot a long time because of the manual trans. However, maybe because of that I got a very good deal, too. Aside from a headliner that pulled away from the rear window and breakage of the lumbar support about 400 miles prior to expiration of the warranty, and somewhat early replacement of the battery, the car has been trouble free. It is a hoot to drive, strong runner with a good mid-range, and surprisingly good gas mileage avg about 22 in town and 27 on hwy.

So far so good
By yamura on 05/05/10 10:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

We bought this car new, but at a discount probably because it's a stick and had been sitting on the dealer's lot for 6 months. In over 40 years of driving I would rate it as one of my favorite cars, combining fun to drive, decent economy (City avg 22+ mpg, Hwy 26-27 mpg), looks and reliability. The V6 has a distinct midrange, but will pull smoothly from 1500 in top gear. Ergonomically it's superb with controls laid out well and the pedals arranged for easy heel & toeing.

2006 Mazda 6 i 4dr Sedan
By Colby on 04/10/10 18:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I like the car I have only 1,500 miles on it so far it's a nice car and the interior is very neat. Lots of places too put your items. And great gas mileage, although I was surprised that it has such a big gas tank.

Mazda 6 Transmission Problems
By Dale Smith on 03/14/10 11:07 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've purchased 4 Mazda's, but never again. I bought my latest, a 6, in Nov 2006. I have a long commute and have put on 63K miles in 3 years. When the car was just about at 30K miles my tranny went out. The dealership replaced it under warranty. About a month ago the tranny started acting up again and to my surprise the dealership told me that it needed to be replaced - Again. This tranny only had about 30K miles on it also. The service manager told me that I wasn't maintaining it correctly or driving it too hard. I informed him that I never had to get the tranny maintained since it never got 30K miles on it and in my 35 years of driving I never had to replace one. Stay away from this car.

Really great car!
By mazdaman24 on 03/08/10 20:22 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car a few months ago after my former Mazda Protege was totaled. I bought it because it was a great value, fully loaded V6 for $13k and only 27,000 miles. The interior isn't as rich as the new model but it is certainly respectable and intuitive. There is storage aplenty and it's just the right size. The exterior styling is great, and the ride is firm but not punishing with the 18 inch wheels. The only downside is a slightly notchy transmission at low speeds, but at highway speeds this is the best car i've driven. The Ford-sourced V6 is potent, and I get between 24 and 29 MPG, excellent for a V6.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.