2006 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
5 years in and very happy
By faztang1 on 01/14/11 12:08 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Sport 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I'm winding down my life with my Mazda6 and must say overall it was a good 5 years. The car is 10 times better looking than a vanilla Camry or Accord. The subtle hatchback look is very sporty and the trunk is huge! Great looking car. Performance wise, the 215hp V-6 is not the strongest in class, but gets the job done. However I was not impressed with the fuel economy. Most small to mid sized current cross overs get better mileage. Handling is good but the 18 inch tires really bang around on bumpy rounds. I bent all 4 rims and went down to 17's. Reliability has been great, only some small plastic pieces are starting to get loose. Interior is decent, but rear seats are a little tight.

Waste of money
By Chuck on 01/16/10 00:36 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Sport 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought a mazda 6 GT fully loaded in April 2006, and I had some small problems (rear defroster stopped working, lights went out) but nothing big until a year later the engine started making noise, so I brought it in and the service manager says it will cost $15,000 to fix(with a straight face) apparently it is not covered under warranty, Same thing happened to my cousin but she had a Mazda 3.

Sporty,comfort,convience
By aussie chicago on 09/02/08 11:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Sport 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I recently traded a 97 outback, began looking for something sportier, more comfortable, with convenience of space, initially was looking at a newer outback, decided on the 6 hatch. Just had to be patient to find the right one, which took about 4 months. I didn't really need the fully optioned g/s, but I did want the Bose and sunroof, glad I did, feels very comfortable on long drives, power of the v6 is acceptable, handles very well, steering is perfect, love the space of the hatch with seats down, HIDs are nice, economy is not great but not horrible 19 cty, 27 hwy, just love the sporty style. Haven't had any problems at all.

Amazing Purchase
By mazdanola on 04/22/07 15:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Sport 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

We recently bought a 2006 Mazda6 5-door after it came off a 12 month lease. The first year of depreciation on these is pretty steep and would recommend buying one a year old if you can, we got a $27,000 car for $21,000 by doing this, and it's flawless condition with only 25,000 miles. We park on the street and love it because it has the versatility of an SUV but the packaging of a car. It's sporty, fun to drive and exceedingly comfortable, so far we love it!

Very nice car with minor flaws.
By Daniel K. P. on 03/17/07 19:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Sport 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've only had the car for 6 weeks. So far I consider it a good buy. I will mention the flaws, and anything else I'm happy with. The car doesn't have enough insulation to keep out surrounding noise. The turning radius in the car is too wide, which is odd. I mean, why? The lumbar support on the driver's seat has already broken. When stepping hard on the gas to pass on the highway the engine drops down to 2nd gear and the tachometer comes very close to the red line. The gas mileage is not as advertised, although I've been told by a knowledgeable friend that it will probably increase in time with engine break-in. The seats are somewhat uncomfortable after sitting in them a while.

Easy Decision
By Lammy on 02/20/07 15:43 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Sport 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I was planning to purchase a Subaru Legacy and just wanted a car to compare with. 10 minutes in the Mazda and the Subaru was history. Looks and drives great with the added versatility of a hatchback.

Unbelievable Value
By Law128 on 08/22/06 01:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Sport 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I got a grand touring hatchback with the 6 speed auto and this car is simply amazing for the price; there is no other car in its class that can touch its options for this little money. Tons of storage space, AC outlets everywhere, comfortable heated seats, 6 cylinder can really go, auto climate control, high intensity discharge headlamps, awesome gauges. plus the 18 inch wheels look killer! And the hatch can swallow anything you throw into it. Amazing car for the price.

Copper Blazed Fun
By Matt on 06/09/06 13:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Sport 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I own a Copper Blaze Metallic hatchback with the 6 cylinder and the 6 speed auto. Great car that is plenty fast and looks great. A very visible car that hauls mulch, bicycles, or my wife and I to a fancy dinner. This car does it all. City mileage is a little disappointing (22-23mpg), but highway mileage is pretty good (28-30). With a decent size gas tank, 450 miles between fill-ups is easy. The manumatic is useless as in all cars but the 6 speed auto shifts nicely. Having to take the car in for an oil change is a bummer and Mazda will not sell the needed oil filter wrench through a dealer. Overall, a great value and a lot of fun.

5 on the Floor
By MarkP on 05/23/06 12:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Sport 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Significant upgrades from last year make this car at this trim level a real sleeper in the midsize class. High revving V-6 with 5 speed MTX makes the car come alive. The 18" Pirellis combined w/ Mazda's sophisticated suspension result in a very tight handling package that gives surprising comfort, even on PA's third world roads. Tough choice between this car & Acura's TSX, but it costs $$$$ less, feels faster & runs on regular gas.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.