2006 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Bad Transmission
By saltguy on 11/12/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My wife bought this car almost four years and 54,000 miles ago. Just went out of warranty (50,000) and needs a new transmission. We took the car in a year ago, under warranty, and the mechanics couldn't find the problem we were having with the car slipping out of gear while accelerating. It started to get worse right after we went over 50,000 miles, so we took it back in. They isolated the issue, but said it wasn't covered by warranty anymore. No way a car with 54,000 highway miles should need a new transmission. And the fact that Mazda wouldn't stand behind the car tells me a lot about their confidence in their product. This was our first and last Mazda. Done!

Good looking car but bad quality
By bad qulity on 11/26/08 20:50 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

It's a great looking car, but a lot of repairs. For the last 2 years I've been around 30 times to dealerships, I changed the transmission twice, trunk shocks 4 times, battery, changed tires twice and so on. Now have problem with the engine and my warranty just expired. I am not recommending to buy this car - a lot of trouble. I am so tired to go every time to the dealership and wait for my car to be fixed, sometimes it's more then a week I have to wait, it's time consuming and a big headache. The car is shaking when you start this car. Slow switching from gears. Does not accelerate fast enough.

Very small, fun, hard to customize radio
By Clinton70 on 11/03/08 13:14 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had this car briefly. It's fun to drive and didn't have problems in the 5 months I had it. It was small though. The radio stunk as it didn't play mp3 discs and didn't have an aux input. It would've been almost $500 to upgrade to aftermarket because of a trim panel connected to the climate is $200. The ride was nice, the steering sporty, and gas mileage is good for the highway and mediocre for city. Good power.

zoom zoom Mazda 6 zoom
By zum zum zum on 07/04/06 06:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

One of the best cars I've ever owned so far, think I might buy a second one so we can have twins in the driveway.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.