2006 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
So far so good
By yamura on 05/05/10 10:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

We bought this car new, but at a discount probably because it's a stick and had been sitting on the dealer's lot for 6 months. In over 40 years of driving I would rate it as one of my favorite cars, combining fun to drive, decent economy (City avg 22+ mpg, Hwy 26-27 mpg), looks and reliability. The V6 has a distinct midrange, but will pull smoothly from 1500 in top gear. Ergonomically it's superb with controls laid out well and the pedals arranged for easy heel & toeing.

Mazda 6 Transmission Problems
By Dale Smith on 03/14/10 11:07 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've purchased 4 Mazda's, but never again. I bought my latest, a 6, in Nov 2006. I have a long commute and have put on 63K miles in 3 years. When the car was just about at 30K miles my tranny went out. The dealership replaced it under warranty. About a month ago the tranny started acting up again and to my surprise the dealership told me that it needed to be replaced - Again. This tranny only had about 30K miles on it also. The service manager told me that I wasn't maintaining it correctly or driving it too hard. I informed him that I never had to get the tranny maintained since it never got 30K miles on it and in my 35 years of driving I never had to replace one. Stay away from this car.

Despite the points I would not buy
By A2BDriver on 12/13/09 12:34 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I know this car is supposed to be sporty. It drives and handles okay. I wanted a good daily driver for the snow belt. But in the first light snow all of a sudden the TCS kicked and IMMEDIATELY swings the rear of the car out. I lost power to straighten the car as it held back the front wheels, I barely recovered, entered a turn an again the TCS kicked in throwing the car sideways, again losing all power to the wheels. I pulled over and found the stupid button, turned the TCS and had an uneventful rest of ride. Tanks Mazda for almost killing me, I barely missed an oncoming pickup. I am going back to the dealer to permanently disable this dangerous "feature".

Love my Mazda 6 w/4cyl
By James on 09/01/08 09:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car has greatly exceeded my expectations! After 50k miles, not one "issue" and getting 31mpg on freeway! Love the handling, fuel mileage, and excellent room with rear seat folded. A friend has the 2006 Camry and she has less room in trunk and cannot fit her road bike in back unless both sides are folded, resulting in her able to only take 2 people...with my Mazda, I can get one road bike inside with only one side folded down and still able to carry three people (2 front/1 back seat). Happy Mazda driver here!

Don't overlook Mazda
By Zak on 04/19/07 21:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Grip, a fist full. Punch this car in the mouth and it takes it. I drive hard. It takes it as well as any honda or toyota. Yes I did have a cracked pre-cat to fix at 4000 miles but nothing is perfect. these things happen. The warranty took care of it. When you get a new car, drive her hard. Get the kinks out. I'm extremely pleased. 9000 miles so far.

Worthy of the best of the best crown
By couleeman on 04/19/07 11:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I'm now on my fourth Mazda6, and after over 100K miles collectively, this car fits me like my favorite pair of jeans. This latest version is an 06 Sport V6 manual sedan with only the Sunroof/Bose pkg. This car is loaded with convenience, utility, style, comfort, competence, and efficiency. It's equally at home in city traffic or in the backcountry and is deceptively fast and always under control (unless you are doing something profoundly stupid!). All of this probably sounds like gushing but keep in mind, my car sold for <20K brand new- EXCEPTIONAL VALUE! Ive left home to buy BMW 325 but each time, I've come home with a new Mazda6. No regrets, no problems, a sincere thank you Mazda!

Best car ever
By tom chandler on 03/02/07 20:03 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Throughly satisfied with this vehicle. Have 4k miles and I have no problems so far. Very fast with the V6 and a nice throaty sound when the pedal is down...otherwise very quiet. Comfortable seating and powerful headlights. Only negative are the controls for the heater/ac are too complicated and should go back to manual dials rather than the digital readout. The 17" tires/rims are sharp. Get many compliments on the sporty style - looks like a sports car but has the 4 doors for convenience.

Great Sports Sedan
By Michtom on 02/14/07 19:01 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had this car for 6 months now, and am still loving it. I wanted something sporting/fun to drive with great acceleration and handling, but needed 4 doors and room for 4 kids. In the Mazda6, I got a sweet revving V6 engine (Ford Duratec) with a manual transmission - a combo that is getting hard to find in a midsize sedan. Handling is great - flat cornering, quick steering and excellent braking. The ride is firm but not harsh. I still smile every time I get an open twisty road in front of me. Also has well laid-out interior, good size trunk, comfortable & supportive seats, great stereo, and looks great. I looked for a used one, but they hold their value so well I decided to buy a new one.

ZOOM-ZOOM
By Bob on 01/23/07 01:59 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I never expected the Mazda6s sports sedan to be so much fun to drive! We have 3 vehicles and 2 drivers in the family. Everyone likes to drive and ride in the sporty sedan. It's very comfortable with the new for 2006 interior. I'm not a young person having been driving for 40 years. I've been a car and motorcycle enthusiast for nearly my whole life. I've owned cars such as a Corvette, a Porsche, and traded in a 2004 GTO on the Mazda6s sports sedan. This has to be the most fun car to drive that I've ever owned! Even my picky adult daughter who wanted another sports coupe bought a 6s identical to ours except for the exterior color after looking at every car in its class. FUN! FUN! FUN!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.