2006 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Great value
By ponchojack on 11/10/11 06:23 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Mazda almost 5 years. It has been a great, fun car to drive with very low maintenance costs. The interior is comfortable and highly functional, even with the standard options. The only gripe is the turning radius. Not an easy car to work in tight spaces. This might be a trade off for the good handling at speed. The motto "zoom, zoom!" truly applies to this car. Its just fun to drive.

Permanent Fan
By neamazdalover on 11/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE this car. 6iSport with 5-speed manual. Cloth seats, sunroof, spoiler, 6 disc CD, power windows and seats, airbags all around, and all for $20,000 brand new. This thing eats up the road like nothing I've ever driven before. I drive about 200 miles of rural, s-curves everyday and love every minute of it. Zoom, zoom is right on, but watch tire choices when you have to buy new. Suspension is so tight, tires sometimes can't keep up. Value X 10 for the cost. Stops on a dime! Half the price (and great financing options) of a BMW 3 series, but not nearly half the experience. This from someone who was driving a different car every two years, but I think I've found THE ONE!

Great performance & Gas Mileage
By ponchojuan on 04/21/09 16:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love this Mazda, and I'm picky. It was cheap: $15,563 new. It is full size; I'm 6'3" 240lb and I fit fine. It averages 31 miles per gallon. I don't know where they get 24; must be the turbo. It has everything you need, maybe not everything you want. You won't go wrong buying this car.

The best car I've had
By MDCruiser on 02/02/09 10:02 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 6i automatic on 6/1/06 with 9 miles. I've had only small issues with it, now have 58,000 miles on the vehicle. I've done a lot of modifications to the suspension and some to the engine, and I drive the car pretty hard. Never a problem thus far. I'm extremely happy with my purchase. The handling of the car is great, it has adequate interior room, OK fuel economy, and reasonable maintenance costs.

CamCordTima, Drive one of these!
By zoomzoomz6 on 12/24/08 11:16 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased with 62 miles in 06. Base model for 16,500 otd. Car now has 46k miles, no issues, 33-40mpg on my 5 speed manual. This car is fast, fun, and has a really nice look. Power windows, power locks, keyless entry, cheap insurance, and traction control all standard! I have driven Acura Tl's, Honda Accords, Camry's, you name it. If you want to know from a safety standpoint which car is good, try some high speed manuevers. This thing takes a huge beating and still gives me 33mpg average! I cannot recommend it enough. For all those bad reviews with the V6/I4 Automatic, many of them were rentals from Enterprise and were abused so I would not buy it if it was from them.

Best car I have owned
By Mr. S on 08/31/07 07:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have looked at these cars since 2003 when the new model line came out. I am glad I waited this 2006 model is great. Plenty of power for what I need. Plenty of room and what can I say about the looks - wow! I got about everything that can come with it, except leather. Also it has a very comfortable ride for a car of its size.

I love my 6
By puff on 07/25/07 09:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased a Mazda3 then 2 months later was happy but wanted a larger vehicle so we got the 6. I previously owned a Ford Mustang with manual transmission. With a move to a busy city I needed something that didn't required pushing a clutch constantly. The 6 gave me the best of both worlds, manual and automatic transmission without the clutch!

Great Car, think I got a lemon!
By The Mazda 6 Fan on 03/14/07 19:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Researched two years prior to buying. Handles like a BMW 3 series, but not close to the hp of one. Never enjoyed driving a car this much before. It tackles corners perfectly, gets good gas mileage, and looks spectacular. Overall a great car but I've it in for service at least 6 times over the 9 months I've owned it. Nothing major, just this annoying tweedle noise from under the car that they couldn't find. This last time I think they fixed the problem. They had to replace the catalyst converter.

Zoom-Zoom
By Doug E on 09/02/06 09:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Considered the Accord/Civic and Acura TSX/TL but Acuras need premium unleaded and are pricey, the Hondas get one interior color choice (depending on the exterior color) and the dash is too funky. The 6i Sport had everything I was looking for at a price that Honda could not beat. Matching speedo/tach in red illumination, good interior color selection, handles like a go cart with decent mileage using regular unleaded.

Love my 6
By mandy on 07/06/06 07:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Easy to handle in all weather conditions, great performance...no problems. Runs perfect, comfy. Only downside is that it gets door dings easy.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.