2006 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
2006 Mazda 6 i 4dr Sedan
By Colby on 04/10/10 18:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I like the car I have only 1,500 miles on it so far it's a nice car and the interior is very neat. Lots of places too put your items. And great gas mileage, although I was surprised that it has such a big gas tank.

Zoom-Zoom
By Monkyc on 10/29/08 22:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Amazing family sedan that handles better than a BMW 3 series. Great acceleration from the 4 cyl 5 spd. Absolutely no problems in two and a half years over 36,000 miles.

This car rocks!!
By DanelleT. on 07/05/08 17:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Mazda doesn't lie. This car goes zoom zoom! and it has the heart of a sports car. I love it. The internal design is genius. There is so much more to thrill you about owning this vehicle! I paid $14,000 for this car and I think it's worth every penny. The color of royal blue with purple fleck catches everyones eye. My 18 year old son loves to drive it.I love this car more than any other car I've owned and I've owned quite a few. If you are thinking about buying this car, DO IT! You'll never look back! Make sure you get the color you want, because that's what others see first. They teased me for being picky but I don't regret it.I love my car!

Should have bought a camry
By Neva on 05/12/08 11:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was torn between buying a mazda 6 or a camry and went with the mazda. I enjoyed driving the car but at 7,320 mi. the car broke down (bad clutch). Yesterday at 33,000 mi. the car broke down again (bad clutch). I am a good driver and never had this problem with my previous cars. I am waiting for the wrecker to pick up the car and will be trading it asap.

Great mid size car
By cchristina79 on 03/20/08 15:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2006 Mazda6 i and have owned it for a little over two years now. I am very happy with this car's performance and looks. I have received many compliments at work on the exterior paint and design. Definitely an eye catcher. One thing I do not like in regards to the Mazda6 is the cloth interior. It is very cheap and wears a lot (especially for a model that is not low end for Mazda). The Mazda 3 even has better interior than the 6. I have already had the cloth seats redone under warranty and they have worn out again.

This car fits me like a glove
By evoxpisces on 03/08/08 07:27 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used about a month ago, and I don't think I could've been happier with my purchase. It's a car you don't see on the road often, which is unfortunate because they are great cars. As soon as I sat in the driver's seat I knew this was my car. The handling is so smooth, the seats are incredibly comfortable, and there's a good amount of room inside. The other day I was traveling at 70 mph...didn't even realize it. That's how smooth it is. Didn't feel a single bump in the road. The exterior is beautiful, as is the interior. If I had to complain about anything, the gas mileage is just so-so. However, I wouldn't take any other car on the road over this one.

I really like the 2006 Mazda 6i, but....
By miatasportscar on 06/11/07 12:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car is the second one, the first was a 2003 Mazda 6i with a 5 speed. I like the new automatic much better on this 2006, smooth as silk, and you can shift it manually if you want to. Build quality is great with exception of a buzzing noise from under the right front of the car at 65 mph. I suspect improper under panel or shield is not right. Seems wind related, as it only does it at speed. Gas mileage is great, about 32 mpg on 87 octane. It performs like a sports sedan should, taut, very responsive for a 4 cyl. Drives better than my wife's Camry! Doesn't even compare, this car HANDLES! Front rotors are shot at 18,000 miles, being replaced under warranty. Nice car anyway!

Great Value
By Dave on 05/10/07 17:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

For around 15 grand, this is a lot of car. I got the base model with a manual transmission. Performance is OK considering it's a four cylinder, but the fun factor is increased by the great handling. I've been able to get up to 32 mpg in mixed driving, mostly highway commuting. I've had to take it in twice for minor emissions problems that triggered the check engine light, all fixed under warrantee. I swapped in a sport grille to make it look a little more sporty, and really am happy with my choice after 10 months with it.

little disappointed
By valley on 01/04/07 06:31 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The car looks are great, however I have had it in the shop a few times. I think the seats are the poorest quality I have ever seen in a car. I have had my Mazda since July of 06 and the front seats looks so worn, they are awful. The gas mileage is not as good as they say either. The car is not too comfortable, I wish I could have had a 30 day money back/trade in because it would be gone. Like I said the looks are great, but they need to improve on some quality issues...interior is very cheap...the lumbar on driver's seat has already broken.

1st Mazda
By tan on 10/01/06 15:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

It was not my choice. I really wanted a charger. After driving it, I like the radio control on the steering wheel. It will save me on gas. The seats are comfortable, and the car can get up and go.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.