Used 2006 Mazda Mazda6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mazda Mazda6

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:

Fun sports sedan!
By mmsim

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

This was the first car I purchased myself. I'm the second owner of an '06 Mazda6. In regard to appearance, this car is definitely "sexy", especially in the Dark Cherry color I have. I drove an '03 Toyota Camry before this Mazda6 and I can assure you, the Mazda6 is sportier, smaller, and more fun to drive. I haven't had any serious issues with the vehicle, besides the routine maintenance (oil change, tires,). I had one mechanical problem when I first bought the car but it was under warranty so no cost to me. The speed and handling of this vehicle is up to par; it exceeds my expectations, especially being a 4-banger. Overall I would HIGHLY recommend this vehicle to any prospective purchasers.

Favorite Features

The Mazda6 I own is fully loaded so I enjoy the sunroof, upgraded Bose sound system, in-dash 6 CD changer, chrome dual exhaust, fog lights. I love that this car is a smaller sports sedan, so I can maneuver into smaller places.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality interior pieces

Most reliable car I ever bought
By idahogal

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Mazda6 new in 2006 and have been really happy with it. I commute 60 miles a day round trip and have never had it in the shop for anything other than regular maintanence. The only minor thing that was ever wrong with it was a missalignment of the window washer fluid jets. It has never left me stranded, never has made any weird sounds and is really quite fun to drive. I just got it detailed, waxed and the headlights buffed and people at work think the car still looks brand new. The body style is still so current, I don't know if it will ever be outdated. I am so glad that I made the choice to buy Mazda.

Favorite Features

The radio/cruise control buttons on the stearing wheel, the pick up, overall look of the car, many niches to store things, trunk space, and the quality of the interior fabric - it stil looks brand new.

Suggested Improvements

The turning radius could be improved as well as the cup holders so that they can holder bigger drinks.

Not too shabby
By medman13

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car now for about 1 yr. I bought this when i decided to go back to school. It has an overall great design to it and gives a professional look when needed as well as a sporty look when needed. It is reasonable on gas however lacks desired power. The stick is fun to drive and shifts quite well, however an automatic would have been a better choice as an everyday driver in town. The car is said to be the poor mans BMW and holds true to that in many facets.

Favorite Features

Enjoy the sporty look and feel of the car. Enjoy the gas mileage and the roomy interior.

Suggested Improvements

Make the engine a little more beefy!! Also for the hatchback ensure that water cannot leak through the rear hatch at any area. Give it a better A/C unit so that it does not have to be replaced and redesign the engine compartment for more owner friendly replacement of headlights and things. Also put seats closer to floor in the car. Back seat is almost perfect but front seat feel a little high for the sporty look that the car gives off.

Great value
By ponchojack

2006 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Mazda almost 5 years. It has been a great, fun car to drive with very low maintenance costs. The interior is comfortable and highly functional, even with the standard options. The only gripe is the turning radius. Not an easy car to work in tight spaces. This might be a trade off for the good handling at speed. The motto "zoom, zoom!" truly applies to this car. Its just fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Engine Handling Steering wheel controls

Suggested Improvements

Steering radius

Think I Bought a Lemon!
By pstiles1

2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 2006 Mazda 6 new. I am sad to say, I think that I bought an albatross. It has become a money pit. I have put 3 sets of tires at around $1000.00 per set. The air conditioner had to be replaced. The drive chain broke & had to be replaced, thank God it was under warranty! I have had to replace the clutch. The dashboard compartment broke and now my head liner is falling down near the rear window. I also have a very audible "squeaking noise" as the car changes speed which the dealer (whom I will never work with again) says is the ac's clutch since my car is "old." I had an RX7 which I loved. This car is a big disappointment!