2005 Mazda 6 Consumer Review: Unbelievably poor performance

2005 Mazda 6 - Consumer Review

2005 Mazda 6

Unbelievably poor performance in snow.
By thebigbw on

2005 Mazda 6 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is a nice car for warm months of the year, but if you live any place that it snows STAY AWAY. I live in Minnesota and the performance on snow is terrible. The biggest issue is inability to accelerate. Level ground or an incline, it doesn't matter - you will spin and spin and spin. It's a reliable starter in cold weather, and heats up pretty quick. Stylish too. I'm also having issues with my stereo and CD player. This car is so close to having it all....maybe if I lived in southern California I'd be all right.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By sdanthny
on 04/24/12 16:22 PM (PDT)

Sounds like the tires you have on that car. I have a 2005 V6 hatchback in CA and my brother has a 2004 V6 hatchback in upstate NY (virtually the same car) and I've driven this car in both weather extremes. My brother's car drives like a tank in the snow.

By gimpy2433
on 02/24/12 11:41 AM (PST)

I have a question... did you by chance just sell this car to a dealership in Alexandria? I'm currently looking into buying one and it's a white hatchback. I have a 6 month old and am researching to see if it would be safe and reliable. I live in Minnesota too, so after seeing your review I'm not so sure if it would be a good choice

By thebigbw
on 06/21/12 20:39 PM (PDT)

Gimpy - My Mazda is black, I still have it. Sdanthny - What kind of tires do you have on yours? I've thought about buying winter tires, but that's a hassle to change twice a year...